Will Porters Take A Wheel Chair W/luggage

ld7981

Hi Judy,

When we have traveled with my scooter, I rented a folding wheelchair from care vacations, and they had it in my cabin, on the ship, when I got there. We rented the wheelchair instead of the scooter because it was less expensive, and there were only two of us traveling........with bags. :) I rode the scooter to the gate, and then the airline people took it, leaving me with the key, and put it underneath. It was waiting for me when I got off the plane. That was convenient too. One time it had been slightly damaged, but the airline had us get it repaired and paid us for the repair. I was still able to ride it.

Also, ONE time my chair was put in a closet on an American Airlines plane. We had upgraded using miles, and were in First. I dont know if that made a difference.............but there was another lady with a chair, and they said they had room for only one, and I was on before she was. On United, they have told me that there isn't any room for my chair, as that is where the flight attendants put THEIR stuff........it wasn't worth arguing about, but the difference in customre service sure showed there...........and my husband is in the most elite group of freq. flyers, for life, on United. He has since switched allegiance.

Which Hawaii cruise are you on Judy? It would be fun to meet.....

Hi DesrtDrmr,

We're on the Infinity 11/20/05 to Hawaii. Same as yours?

First we have our South America cruise on HAL.

I'm excited!

Thanks for all the wheelchair info. My husband will be able to walk alot. He's very slow and our chair will speed us up so we can keep up with everyone. We had that problem on the Summit last year.

What ship will you be taking to Hawaii?

Archived