Hotel reviews for Mobile, AL

sajohnston

I have reservations for two different hotels in Mobile, AL. I am staying at one before my cruise and the other after for three nights. Do you know anything about the Fairfield Inn downtown or the Comfort Suites on Tillman's Corner Parkway? Thanks.

I have reservations for two different hotels in Mobile, AL. I am staying at one before my cruise and the other after for three nights. Do you know anything about the Fairfield Inn downtown or the Comfort Suites on Tillman's Corner Parkway? Thanks.

The Fairfield Inn is conveniently located to I-65, a safe area, and there are plenty of restaurants around...but it is definitely NOT downtown. It's about a 10 minute drive to the cruise terminal.

Unless you have friends or family you're visiting in Tillman's corner after the cruise, I question why you would stay out there...not much to do except go to Bellingrath Gardens. My recommendation for staying 3 nights after the cruise would be the Hampton Inn in Daphne...just across the bay from downtown Mobile. Convenient to downtown Mobile, close to the Battleship, great restaurants on the Causeway, about 8 miles from Fairhope (which is a lovely town on the bay). All in all, a much better place to stay to see what Mobile is all about than out in Tillman's Corner.

The Fairfield Inn is conveniently located to I-65, a safe area, and there are plenty of restaurants around...but it is definitely NOT downtown. It's about a 10 minute drive to the cruise terminal.

Unless you have friends or family you're visiting in Tillman's corner after the cruise, I question why you would stay out there...not much to do except go to Bellingrath Gardens. My recommendation for staying 3 nights after the cruise would be the Hampton Inn in Daphne...just across the bay from downtown Mobile. Convenient to downtown Mobile, close to the Battleship, great restaurants on the Causeway, about 8 miles from Fairhope (which is a lovely town on the bay). All in all, a much better place to stay to see what Mobile is all about than out in Tillman's Corner.

Unless you have friends or family you are visiting in Daphne or Spanish Fort, I question why anyone would want to stay across the bay when they can stay in beautiful Tillmans Corner. :p Actually, I like the Eastern Shore for everything but the traffic and the notorious non-drivers. Unless you are driving a battle hardened surplus truck from the Mad Max movies you are taking your life in your hands just hitting the roads on the Eastern Shore. I agree that there is more to do over there, but Tillmans Corner is an interstate travellers dream exit. Everything you could possibly want or need during a trip is within a mile of the exit. (MHO is subject to change in August when the Bass Pro opens in Spanish Fort. I'll probably move there then. :D )

Unless you have friends or family you are visiting in Daphne or Spanish Fort, I question why anyone would want to stay across the bay when they can stay in beautiful Tillmans Corner. :p Actually, I like the Eastern Shore for everything but the traffic and the notorious non-drivers. Unless you are driving a battle hardened surplus truck from the Mad Max movies you are taking your life in your hands just hitting the roads on the Eastern Shore. I agree that there is more to do over there, but Tillmans Corner is an interstate travellers dream exit. Everything you could possibly want or need during a trip is within a mile of the exit. (MHO is subject to change in August when the Bass Pro opens in Spanish Fort. I'll probably move there then. :D )

Okay...it's like that then, is it? ;)

Thanks for the replies. I'm okay with the hotels I've picked as long as they are clean and in a safe area. 10 mins. away from the cruise terminal sounds fine for the Fairfield before the cruise.

Let me ask you about Tillman's Corner. Does this location have restaurants, grocery/wal-mart type store, gas stations, etc. that are easy to find?

Thanks for the replies. I'm okay with the hotels I've picked as long as they are clean and in a safe area. 10 mins. away from the cruise terminal sounds fine for the Fairfield before the cruise.

Let me ask you about Tillman's Corner. Does this location have restaurants, grocery/wal-mart type store, gas stations, etc. that are easy to find?

Everything!!! All within a mile of the exit. A true travellers dream exit. Grocery stores. Walmart. Lowes. Restuarants. Hospital. Gas stations.

Archived