Legend question!

CFitzRN

More excellent information - and I AM making a list! :rolleyes: :p

Since no one answered this question I'll ask it again: if you aren't particularly happy with the table you've been assigned in the dining room, can you ask for it to be changed through the maitre d'? And how jerky would it be to "take" someone else's window table? Assuming we aren't assigned a window table anyway.

More excellent information - and I AM making a list! :rolleyes: :p

Since no one answered this question I'll ask it again: if you aren't particularly happy with the table you've been assigned in the dining room, can you ask for it to be changed through the maitre d'? And how jerky would it be to "take" someone else's window table? Assuming we aren't assigned a window table anyway.

I would assume if you ask for a table change if possible, they would assign you to one that is not already taken

Here's what we do for the first day we're onboard:

• go to room, drop carry-on, if steward is around, say hello
  • go make dinner (or spa) reservations
  • get some lunch at the lido
  • explore the ship and say "wow!"
  • lifeboat drill (bring your camera to take blackmail pictures)
  • watch the sailaway
  • go back to the room and unpack (believe me, this makes it much easier for the rest of the trip, and you can store your luggage underneath the bed so it's not in your way)
  • go to cocktail hour
  • have dinner & check out the entertainment

It's just the two of us, so I'm sure you might do some things differently (like check in with Camp Carnival) if you have children with you. Some of the kids might want to explore the ship on their own, so maybe you can just meet up in your cabin for the lifeboat drill.

OK, this is what we did: First we went to the purser's desk to get out S &S cards punched for our lanyards. (We brought the lanyards with us.) Then, we made sure that the Golden Fleece had our reservation. They didn't so we made the reservation. My boyfriend wanted to dive in Grand Cayman, so we made that reservation next. We were told that we could drop off our carry-on's in our room so we did that, then went to the Lido deck to have lunch. After that we pretty much just explored the ship.

The blue cards are for new cruisers. The gold cards are for cruisers who have sailed 2-9 times, and the silver cards are for those who have sailed 10 or more times.

Archived