Transfer Costs

CruisinDoug

We are booked for The Summit in August 2005, sailing August 19. However, we will be doing a land excursion with Celebrity beginning August 14th. We will be flying from Cleveland to Anchorage for the excursion, then sailing from Seward to Vancouver. We have booked cruise air for $755 per person. I am now seeing fares for $644 on Travelocity and was wondering what the additional costs would be for transfers. I have been unable to find any cost on the X site.

Doug, I can't specifically help you in terms of your cruise, but in my experience transfers to & from airports, hotels & piers cost no more than $10-15. They have NEVER been worth it in my opinion. We have always been able to make those trips much less costly that what Celeb charges. I know for example in Europe, we booked the same hotel as our friends using Celeb & we got a room for almost $200 less!!!! We paid 130 E & they were quoted by Celeb 320 E Samo samo! I would do some more research if I were you!

Just my 2 cents worth! We don't do Celeb sponsored tours unless we absolutely must!

You might try posting this on the Alaska forum. You'll probably get more precise answers from there.

For us, we've taken the cruiseline transfers from Sea-tac airport to the pier, and Vancouver airport to the pier. They usually charge from $20-30/pp each way. Or R/T, $40-$50/pp. We've also taken cabs in these same areas at half the cost of the cruise line transfers.

But, I believe Seward transfers might be much higher via cab/shuttle than the cruiseline might offer, as the airport is farther from the pier than most others are. At least, that's what I've read on the Alaska boards.

SDcruiser

Archived