Upcoming RCI Brilliance October

We have several family members booked on this cruise and have a few questions, one....we are staying in Barcelona for a night prior. Should we book a taxi for pickup from airport and then to go to port?

Two....best private tours for Cannes?

Three.....best private tours for Amalfi Coast?

Any input will be appreciated.

We were on the Brilliance in 2006, great cruise (my favorite)...

There are plenty of cabs outside the international terminal no need to pre-book unless you get offered a good deal. As far as going to port we just had the front desk call us a cab in the morning and had no problems.

I can't help you with the tour questions though, we booked all of ours through RCCL.

This is what we did...

We did Corsica on our own (don't think they still go there though).

Rome we did Imperial Rome (The Forum, Trevi Fountain, Colosseum, Vatican City--St peters Basilica). Was a great tour, we skipped to the front of the line at the Colosseum--Vatican City was a long wait though.

Livorno we did Florence & Pisa (Piazza Del Duomo, Piazza della Signora, Church of Santa Croce, Leaning tower of Pisa). Pisa was beautiful, I didn't know much before I got there its more than just the tower, the other buildings there are really special too.

Naples we did the hike of Vesuvius & the tour of Pompeii. The hike wasn't too bad a bus takes you just about 1 km short of the summit and you walk the rest, great pictures can be taken from there. Pompeii was much larger than I imagined it would be, I'm glad I didn't miss it.

Mykonos we unfortunately weren't able to get to because of choppy seas.

Santorini we did on our own. Climbed the trail to the top and then explored the city.

Kusadasi, we did the House of the Virgin Mary & Ephesus. I wasn't sure what to expect with Turkey, it was great, people were friendly, Ephesus was amazing and the town was nice.

Villefranche (Nice), we did on our own. We just relaxed at the beach this day (its a topless beach by the way) and explored the town on our own.

Oh I forgot Athens, we went to the Acropolis. There were like 3 cruise ships in port that day so it was packed with people. Its just one of those places you have to visit, you can't go to Athens and not see the Acropolis/Parthenon.

Unfortunately we were there on a Sunday so a lot of places were closed so there wasn't a lot going on aside from the tours.

We have several family members booked on this cruise and have a few questions, one....we are staying in Barcelona for a night prior. Should we book a taxi for pickup from airport and then to go to port?

Two....best private tours for Cannes?

Three.....best private tours for Amalfi Coast?

Any input will be appreciated.

Cannes tours to St. Paul de Vence and Eze

Amalfi. Amalfi itself and Ravello where the views are fantastic and the square and church wonderful.:)

Archived