Question - when do you first hear from the 'wedding coordinator'?

Ok - so maybe I am just a 'super planner' - but when do you first hear from the wedding coordinator?

Our wedding is booked for Nov. 1 on the Carnival Glory. I know it is still 4 months away, but it seems like they put everything in the last month. Is that true?

Should I be just 'sitting back' and relaxing? When do they want to know colors etc. for the flowers and information about the food?

It just seems like I should be doing more? Any of you that have done this got a better 'time-line' as far as when you actually do all the discussions with the coordinator?

Thanks!

We are getting married on the Carnival Miracle on 9/14. When we first booked the wedding, I reached out to my WC to find out what I needed to do and was told nothing needed to be done other then the signing of the contract back to them.

I had similiar questions in regards to food, colors, location, etc and was told she would contact me a two or three weeks before the wedding and I can fax everything over to her.

I have called my WC in regards to location, DJ, chocolate fountain, etc and waited for a call back cause I need to know HAHA..I got very general answers and was told to wait until closer to the date..

Hopefully I get a call from my WC when the date gets closer cause just like you, I hate to wait until the last minute

My wedding is not until September 18, 2009. I received a call maybe two weeks ago inquiring whether I wanted to upgrade anything. My WC left a message on the anwering machine. I thought it was little to soon for the call but I did have a few questions to ask. I called her today and she was very helpful.. They did change WC on me but they called and let me know that the WC had left the company. So far she has been very helpful. She e-mailed me with information I requested the very same day. Maybe she is new, I don't know but I like it. Hopefully she will remain helpful.:)

Our wedding is October 14th of this year, and we haven't heard from our coordinator yet (except for when we selected the package and sent in the contract and deposit several months ago). I feel like I should be doing something because everyone keeps asking me how the wedding planning is going, but, honestly, I'm kind of enjoying it. I'll get worried if I have heard anything by 4-6 weeks out. :)

my coordinator is Aestevia, and she is fabulous. I already know the location and time of my wedding. She also called me and gave me options for whether I anted my reception all in the same room or different rooms. I chose everything in one room so that I don't waste any time. She even emailed the photo package prices. As of now I have no stress or worries. I

am literally trying to find something to do.

Thanks for all the info - I may try giving her a call once the holiday passes. Many of my guests are just coming for the wedding and some are wondering about 'return' flights - they wanted to know what time might be a 'safe' time to look at for a departure flight if they leave Florida the day of the wedding. I've just been telling them 'after 4 or 5' since I'm pretty sure they will need to be off the boat somewhere around 3 or so.

I've booked just the wedding and 'luncheon' so I think the reception will be short, but I really have no idea of timeframes.

Hopefully she will at least be able to give me some general information so I can pass it on!

Thanks again - and good luck to all of you working on your wedding! :D

my coordinator is also Aestevia, and yes she is fabulous. She also emailed the photo package prices. I told her I wanted to see a picture of the actual cake that I would be getting and she e-mailed me that also. I sent her a picture of the cake that I would like and she told me it wasn't a problem. inue to go smooth. I just hope they don't change coordinators like they are known to do.

Archived