River Tubing in Dominica

sharons

We would love to do the river tubing but need some info. Is each person given their own tube? Do you need upper body strength for paddling or any other related activity? . Have recently had some surgery and am a little worried about strain.

CC members always give best advice. Thanks in advance.

Sharon

Guest tealady

Here is a reply I got from someone by email who has done the river tubing tour. Hope this helps you.

About the river tubing. They picked 6 of us up at the ship and it seems it was about a half hour ride to the river. They gave us large truck tubes with plywood bottoms to sit on. The river is slow in spots and very rapid in others. Some huge rocks, but if you pull your feet and arms in you just bounce off of them. They give you one paddle, but I never needed it. It really is not dangerous! I am 65 and had a ball. At the end they give you punch or rum. I think it was 35.00 each, not sure. The young men who swim along with the tubes are just fun guys. They also can swim like fish!! I lost a white panama hat and they swam fast enough to retrieve it for me. Thet will get you soaked though. They say they want to show you love and they begin to splash everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tealady

What I posted was an email I received from someone who had done the river tubing trip. I have not personally done it myself. He did it through his ship's excursion. If you email me I can give you his email address.

Archived