Autoprogreso Tours

globus

Not sure when any of them leave. I have not heard back from Auto Progresso to my emails. I did read a review of the trip to Uxmal and the person stated about arriving at the site around 10:30 or so. That means leaving around 8:00. But that was through Carnival, not Auto Progresso.

I really think the Autoprogreso departure times depend on when the ship, or ships, are getting into Progreso. Some disembark quite early, e.g, 7 am, some not until 9 am. Uxmal generally does not get very crowded, and we are entering the winter season (winter for us that is), so heat is less of a factor.

Is there a better port to leave from Progreso or Cozumel to get to Uxmal? We are at those on the next trip and we have our kids with us. I understand it's not a short drive but is it better from one or the other ports? Would we be better off going from one as opposed to the other based on what else there is to do at each?

To me, Uxmal is better than Chichen Itza. More impressive, prettier and way less crowded. It's about 75 miles from Progreso and about two hours by bus. Uxmal is definitly worth the effort. How often to you get to visit/see what was a major city one thousand-four hundred years ago? When there try to imagine construction of the magnitude without the aid of steel and iron tools.

Archived