Best Rental Car Company in London?

Wondering which rental car company in London people have had the best luck with? We want to rent the smallest automatic that will seat 5. We are staying outside of London and using the car for day trips for a week pre-cruise. We will train into London. Supposedly if I use my American Express Card I do not need to pay for insurance since they cover it. I have been speaking with Avis and Hertz and get different information every time I call. I am extremely interested in other people's experiences. By the way what does gas cost these days in England? Many thanks in advance.

All the major car rental agencies are available, but car rental in the UK is NOT cheap. A couple of other companies you may want to check out are

National

Easy car

Pertol (Gas) is the most expensive in Europe ( and rising) It currently stands at about 1.20 GBP per litre ( thats 5.40 GBP per Gallon)

Insurance and AMEX - I live in London and have an AMEX and i have never heard of this, i would be careful and make sure you double check

If you need any more infor just shout i would be more than happy to help

Cheers

The major international brands are of course all available and should provide a solution to your needs at a price.

A low cost regional car hire company, useful if you're flying into Heathrow is Kendall Cars. They have a depot in Chertsey, near Heathrow and will deliver a car to Heathrow for a weeks rental

http://www.kendallcars.com/

Archived