Transferring deposits?

Hi

Just wondered if you put a deposit down for a cruise and then change your mind and decide to book another can you just transfer it over without any penalty??

Also, can you do this anytime up until full payment is required??

Thanks

If you book a Caribbean cruise and decide you want a Mediterranean instead, you can either keep the same booking number and switch the cruise so the deposit automatically transfers or else you can cancel the Caribbean cruise and use the deposit to book the Med. You can do this at any time prior to final payment being due. I've also had 2 cruises booked and decided to cancel one so had the deposit moved to the other booking. In my cases, I've been booked through RC directly. If you are booked through an agent, s/he may have different rules regarding transfers of deposits.

Hi there we did the same thing. I had a med cruise booked for June but changed to a canary islands one in October. I booked through a UK travel agent and didn't have a problem at all transferring the deposit over and also kept the same booking ref. Hope that helps.

If you book a Caribbean cruise and decide you want a Mediterranean instead, you can either keep the same booking number and switch the cruise so the deposit automatically transfers or else you can cancel the Caribbean cruise and use the deposit to book the Med. You can do this at any time prior to final payment being due. I've also had 2 cruises booked and decided to cancel one so had the deposit moved to the other booking. In my cases, I've been booked through RC directly. If you are booked through an agent, s/he may have different rules regarding transfers of deposits.

Please be aware that the rules are different in the UK than in the US and Canada. We have a lot of freedom with our bookings that they do not have in the UK. The OP cannot cancel the cruise and get their deposit back. They need to keep the same booking number otherwise they lose their deposit.

Hi

Just wondered if you put a deposit down for a cruise and then change your mind and decide to book another can you just transfer it over without any penalty??

Also, can you do this anytime up until full payment is required??

Thanks

We did this on our April cruise. We had things come up preventing our original itin and all it took was a call and it was moved over. We are far from final payment date still so there was no penalty for us.

Archived