Ft.Lauderdale hotels with parking

whynotnow

About 3 years ago we drove and stayed at Amerisuites.The hotel was ok,clean,roomy and good price.We had 5 in 1 room.We only used the room for waiting to get on ship,not for swimming or any other activities.They have a nice breakfast bar also.Shopping and resturaunts are down the street.The free shuttle was alittle of a pain as just about everyone staying at the hotel is going on the next cruise,and it's alittle crowded.Funny while waiting for the shuttle to unload the people coming back,a couple noticed our luggage tags,and said they just left the exact room we were going to be in.I was alittle concerned about leaving my car,but when you think about it,all the cars left there, are on a cruise and the only ones coming in are the people on the next "cycle".It's like a revolving door based on the cruise ship schedules.Dec.3rd,we are doing the same thing,but instead of waiting in line for the shuttle,I may call a taxi.The shuttle requests a $3 tip/person,and I think a taxi is around $10-$20,worth the extra for less frustration.Also,when coming back the shuttle does not pick up at the curb,we had to flag it down in the parking lot.This is what the driver told us,so I'm definately going to go straight to the taxi's when disembarking.

We stayed @ Amerisuites 2 weeks ago after calling and confirming we could leave the car there.... Got a $69 room rate on-line (search this board for Amerisuites).

The register the car info and let you park anywhere in their lot. The drop you off conveniently (checkout is 11 AM) and includes a light breakfast buffet.

We simply jumped in a taxi to get back ... <$10 fare ... We did tip the shuttle driver $10 for all the luggage we had.

We will definitely being doing this again. Remember that if you are taking a 10 day cruise ... you quite possibly my come back to a different dock then you left from ... they have shuttles back to original parking garage ... but am sure that is a hassle. This turned out fantastic.

Room was nice for the price.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed at the Amerisuites several times pre-cruise, left our car there and took the shuttle. You can call the shuttle to come get you when you return, but traffic is so chaotic, I'd recommend just spending <$10 (tip included) and not have to wait.

I emailed them several months ago, in anticipation of an upcoming stay there and asked if parking was still free while we cruise and got a reply, stating that we just need to enter our car information in a log at the desk, which is something new.......anyone have experience on that?

whynotnow,

I noticed yesterday on the

http://www.quickfares.bestfares.com

website that Spirit is running non-stop flights from Myrtle Beach to FLL for $118. I would consider it but the return flight is in the evening and I don't want to drive those back roads for 2+ hours to Santee in the dark. So, I too am driving...but if I lived closer to MB I would fly!

Missy, Santee SC

P.S. "portsleft", now there is a cool name!!!

HI!!! I booked Amerisuites last year, and just called them today for next year!! We cruise in October, and last year I got it for $50 per room, pre and post, on hotwire. They have free parking, and shuttles from/to the airport, and to/from the pier. Their is an outback restaurant right behind the hotel, a pool, not fancy, but completly acceptable, and if you walk out to 17th, and turn right, there is a publix, and serveral restaurants within a 20 min walk!!!! It is too early to do hotwire, but I am going to try it in a couple of months!!! :)

How many stars did you bid on Hotwire?

Amerisuites is 2 1/2 star on all the bidding sites.

Try this site for Amerisuites:

http://www.valuetrips.com/Cities/lauderdale.htm

We stay there all the time. What others have said is correct. Register car at the desk. We've never had a problem.

Also take a taxi. Sometimes the shuttle priority is the airport and that involves waiting until it's free for the port. Taxi is fast and convenient. Less than 2 miles and about $7 + tip.

Amerisuites is very convenient to everything.

whynotnow,

I went back and the flights were no longer being offered at that price. I guess when they post, "price is only valid for 15 minutes", they were not kidding. The non-stop continues to be posted but at $186. Still not bad!

Try typing in the address to your address bar or Googling it. I have had some trouble with posting sites.

Missy

Archived