1ST time cruiser

hi guys, this may sound odd but it's our first time crusing on the thompson destiny,taking in the med.rennaisance cruise.

my concern is the dress code,i understand the formal night dress code,but whilst on holiday i do enjoy the comfort of wearing shorts,is there any casual eating areas where this is permitted, especially breakfast time ?

would appreciate any guidence out there amoungst you seasoned cruisers. afterall it will make a lot of diference when packing the case.

thank you in anticipation

everton18

Hi Everton 18:)

Have been on the Destiny twice (most recently last week). Wearing shorts at breakfast and in the Lido Buffet is not a problem. The only place you can't wear shorts for meals is in the Seven Seas Restaurant.

Don't worry about the previous comment on smoking. It makes it sound like you can't smoke at all. My husband is a smoker and has no problem with the restrictions. There are plenty of deck areas to smoke and you can still have a natter with fellow passengers at the same time.

If you want to smoke whilst having your meals you can eat by one of the sides of the pool deck not far from the Lido buffet. Or you can have your breakfast/lunch/dinner in the Lido and then just walk up a couple of steps and sit and have a ciggy by the pool overlooking the sea.

Regards

Smiffy1951

Janet

Hi Everton 18

Don't panic, you can dress down on the pool deck and have breakfast under the sun! Buffet style, and lunch, dinner, and a midnight buffet if you want to. Good food and plenty of choice. My husband wore a nice shirt and tie and long trousers for the captains dinner on the Celebration formal night and so did a lot of other guys. We have just come back from a cruise on the Emerald and skipped the formal night altogether having done it before. We ate a late buffet dinner instead on the pool deck, much more relaxed. Have a great time

Taylaboo

Not been on the Destiny, we've been on the Spirit twice and the Emerald. We're booked on the Destiny next year and can't wait. It's a bigger ship than the others, and aparently the cabins aren't as big as the Spirit, but we hardly spend any time in them anyway - apart from sleeping, showering and getting changed.

Don't worry about the dress code. You can't wear shorts in the main restaurant but you can in the buffet.

HTH

Ann

Hi Everton18,

My wife, son and I went on Destiny for our first cruise at easter. We loved Destiny, cabins are a bit dated but are kept immaculate. All function rooms and bars were overhauled a couple of years ago and are really good condition. The staff in all areas were also great, I am sure that you will enjoy the Destiny.

Cheers,

eaststandbaggie

Hi Everton18:)

Have been on the Destiny twice now (most recently last week) and also booked for the Caribbean on it next March.

We love the Destiny. Yes the cabins are a bit smaller but as previously said you only shower, change and sleep in them, so we've never found it a problem.

The staff are absolutely brilliant. We used the Sky Bar a lot as it's a bit quieter and you get great 360 degree views (during the day you can see for miles) and Eddie and Gambit (the Bar Staff) are great. If Gambit is still there when you go, get him to show you all his magic tricks - he's great!!!

I don't think you will be disappointed.

Smiffy1951

Janet

Since the OP did not mention smoking and this has been discussed ad nauseum I would ask that you please refrain from interjecting disruptive topics that have nothing go to with the original poster's question into the thread??

Your cooperation will be appreciated!

Archived