Just back from Crown Princess- July 9th sailing

We were 3 couples, one of whom was on the wait list for traditional dining. The first night, we made a reservation in the "anytime dining" room, and we had a great table by the window. Our waiter said that we can reserve in his section for the whole trip if we wanted. We knew of other people who reserved for the same waiter and same section every night and never had to wait for their table. They also had the flexibility to change their dining time if they chose to.

We did end up together for "traditional dining" on day 2 (after lots of wasted time and negociation with the maitre D). I wouldn't worry if you end up with the "anytime dining". It seems to be equally good an option, or maybe even a better option!

Thank you for your response & advice.

• 7 months later...
39 hours from Copenhagen to Idaho. Ick. Today I work to get United to reimburse us for our flight changes that they were not able to make for us. Their help desk was not helpful and they had no way to re-book us on Southwest so we had to do it ourselves. I'll take Southwest any day. They were more than happy to help us.

Incidently, we ended up taking the S-Tog from Freeport to the airport after disembarking Crown Princess in Copenhagen because the taxi line was horrible. It's about a one kilometer walk to the station from the ship on flat level sidewalks. Tickets were 20DK for a 3 zoner, but a transfer needs to be taken at Kobenhavn H. It was faster than standing in a taxi line and much cheaper. I can give more detailed information if others are interested.

Thanks, Velvet. I would love to have more information on taking the S-Tog to the airport. We will be there in May and will need to get to the airport. Thanks, again, for any help!:) Mary

Archived