Cruising Pregnant

barriekins

For example:

- No soft cheeses or cheeses made from unpasteurized milk (so no feta, mozzarella, parmesan, brie, camembert, blue cheese, mexican type cheeses)

- No deli meats (so no sandwiches for lunch) or hot dogs

- No medium cooked beef only well done

- No swordfish, no graved lax, no sushi etc.

- No uncooked food made with raw egg (so thats no chocolate mousse, no mayo <- as it most likely will be freshly made and not from a jar, no ceasar dressing)

- No pate or foie gras

Yikes! :D

For any possible future pregnancies, parmesan and mozzarella are considered safe:

http://pregnancyandbaby.com/everything-pregnancy-questions/is-cheese-safe-to-eat-during-pregnancy/

No need for you to limit yourself when you can be indulging. :)

Just got back from Carnival cruise yesterday and I am now 24 weeks. FYI no one even asked for my letter certifying gestation and fit to sail or even mentioned my being pregnant. I was very prepared, carrying multiple copies of the letter and business cards with my OB's address and phone number and was surprised when they processed me right through without even asking for anything. This is my 2nd child and Im definitely showing. I expected a much more rigorous process.

All in all it was a great cruise even with Hurricaine Gustov out there. It was pretty rough for 2 days but the Zofran did the trick and I never really got sick. I felt great and had no problems whatsoever. I avoided the soft cheeses at dinner but did have deli sandwiches (oops). I made sure to stay hydrated and not over do it. I would definitely sail again pregnant.

Julie

Archived