Can I lose 10 pounds in two months?

Mijuraad

Substitute all dairy for SOY (Milk/Tofu). Avocado as spread.....no JAMS. No WHEAT....use OATS or RYE. Herb teas and water. Give this a try for 2 weeks - I'm sure you will lose weight :p .

B E V

Thank you for the suggestions...this is more my speed and what I have time for. I will consider this route as well, and try to put it in my daily routine. ;)

No need to get huffy. I didn't think it took much time to boil a piece of chicken breast or chop up ingredients. You do what works for you.

I have never once on this thread gotten "huffy" with anyone. In my first post in this thread, I simply stated that I didn't have time for making soups and such from scratch. So, that being said, I asked if anyone had any other suggestions that would be a little simpler than Salsa Dancer's receipe. I never said I didn't like the receipe, it actually sounds very good. I'm just looking for something a little simpler. I think that the more simple it is, the more likely I am to stick to it being that I don't have to turn my kitchen upside down to make a dinner for myself. I do not have kids and most of the time I live by myself, so simple is best for me. Any other suggestions anyone has is very much appreciated.

A big reason why people get fat, IMO, is because they don't want to take the time to plan. Not saying that's why you are fat, that's just my opinon.

Excuse me? I am not fat. Please don't make assumptions before you know all the facts. This subforum is not called "Fat Cruisers"...its called "Lose Before You Cruise," which is something I'd like to do. That's the whole reason I posted in this "10 Pounds in Two Weeks" thread, because I would like to lose about 10 pounds, and I was wondering how feasible this would be. I never asked to be critiqued...all I asked was for a simple, yet effective diet plan that I could incorporate into my daily life that consists of something OTHER than making a full pot of soup.

Posted by Annatoo viewpost.gif

Substitute all dairy for SOY (Milk/Tofu). Avocado as spread.....no JAMS. No WHEAT....use OATS or RYE. Herb teas and water. Give this a try for 2 weeks - I'm sure you will lose weight :p .

B E V

Thank you for the suggestions...this is more my speed and what I have time for. I will consider this route as well, and try to put it in my daily routine. ;)

MetalPrincess8...I'm curious to learn your normal eating habits as you don't appear to have time to COOK or EAT :confused: !!!??? In which case surely you don't need to lose weight :p. Please check in 1 week after cutting out all dairy/wheat/sugar - Good Luck :)

Hi Annatoo, KiwiCruiser, Pink Bikini, Salsa Dancer, Gathina, and Odoyal,

Never thought five of the ten pounds I'd like to lose would come off in less than a week, but here I am, slimmer...without having done strenuous exercises or worrying about exotic diet food preparation.

Would you all consider me to be cheating just because I've had a case of Montezuma's Revenge for the last three days? Yuk! I'm a mess...can't stay out of the bathroom and have been eating bananas, tea, rice, and grilled chicken.

No further word from you....trust you didn't lose ten pounds - or more :eek: . Do hope you are fully recovered and happy with your new weight ;) .

Welll your posts are very confusing...I saw on your other thread you have time to do your Wiifit or whatever it is for 45 min-1hour per day but not 5 minutes to boil soup. I guess soup can't cook by itself why you are exercising.

You asked for advice on the threads , and you are getting it.

I have never once on this thread gotten "huffy" with anyone. In my first post in this thread, I simply stated that I didn't have time for making soups and such from scratch. So, that being said, I asked if anyone had any other suggestions that would be a little simpler than Salsa Dancer's receipe. I never said I didn't like the receipe, it actually sounds very good. I'm just looking for something a little simpler. I think that the more simple it is, the more likely I am to stick to it being that I don't have to turn my kitchen upside down to make a dinner for myself. I do not have kids and most of the time I live by myself, so simple is best for me. Any other suggestions anyone has is very much appreciated.

Excuse me? I am not fat. Please don't make assumptions before you know all the facts. This subforum is not called "Fat Cruisers"...its called "Lose Before You Cruise," which is something I'd like to do. That's the whole reason I posted in this "10 Pounds in Two Weeks" thread, because I would like to lose about 10 pounds, and I was wondering how feasible this would be. I never asked to be critiqued...all I asked was for a simple, yet effective diet plan that I could incorporate into my daily life that consists of something OTHER than making a full pot of soup.

Hi Annatoo, KiwiCruiser, Pink Bikini, Salsa Dancer, Gathina, and Odoyal,

Never thought five of the ten pounds I'd like to lose would come off in less than a week, but here I am, slimmer...without having done strenuous exercises or worrying about exotic diet food preparation.

Would you all consider me to be cheating just because I've had a case of Montezuma's Revenge for the last three days? Yuk! I'm a mess...can't stay out of the bathroom and have been eating bananas, tea, rice, and grilled chicken. The worst part is that I know as soon as I feel better, I'll put the pounds back and will have to start the diet again from scratch.

It's fun reading your stories and your words of encouragement.

Hey Mij....Good for you! I havent' been to this thread for a while; so didn't realize you had lost 5 lbs. Naw, it's not cheating. You can't help the case of MR, and wouldn't deliberately give it to yourself, but there are some nice side perks. :) I got really sick before our last cruise and lost 11 lbs. in 2 weeks. Being sick was bad but I was so happy when all of my cruise clothes fit like a glove and I didn't gain it back fast. I gained it back after the cruise only because my eating habits were bad. :(

Now you could author a book (lol) on the "new" diet plan that will help you to lose 5 lbs. in one week, guaranteed...maybe you'd even end up famous and on the cover of some magazine at the checkout stands. ;) We'll call it the "White Food" Diet.

No, I suppose I can't do SlimFast for the rest of my life, but its gotten me this far. I agree your diet consists of simple food and is probably the best route to go, but I just simply don't have the time during the day to prepare all of that, and then still have time to eat it. I'm just looking for something that's a little easier and less time consuming.

Hi MP...I was catching up on reading the posts here.

I am a mother of six, with lots of cooking experience, and was used to cooking dinner for 8 and didn't have time to fuss with special meals of my own every night. The time factor is all relative to each of us. Before having kids, I would have thought it was a lot of fuss to make Jell-O. Now I can cook for marathons and enjoy it. To lose weight, I tried to cook separate WW meals for myself but that was always a huge struggle because I had to take care of my family's dinner simultaneously. I"ve also learned a lot of shortcuts and multi-tasking tricks and could likely make the pumpkin "pie," the soup, and the jello with fruit in about an hour and a half, once-a-week.

The prep time for my short-term diet plan wasn't much for me at all after being used to cooking for a large family. I made the family dinner every night, THEN once-a-week, made a big batch of soup for myself (about an hour to prep), which I used up all week long. This was the fastest thing I could do because I could freeze some of it for later and only have to fuss for myself on Sunday night (cooking time). All I had to do, then, each night, was reheat a bowlful and VOILA!--a healthy, filling meal. I did the same with the pumpkin and jello with fruit--just once-a-week.

I just plop the chicken in the water, and while that was boiling, took the frozen block of chopped spinach out and shredded some carrot (one or two) and chopped some onion. The main thing I wanted to get at is that you can find something that works for your own individual taste. If I were single and hated to cook (and liked soup), I would find a low-fat chicken soup or chicken broth, buy some frozen veggies that are low-cal, and a store-roasted chicken and combine those ingredients--adding seasonings that I like. There's nothing special about my recipe other than that it contains all of the greens, the yellows, low-fat chicken, and worked as a protein source and filler food for me. It's the only time in my life that I lost that much weight in that short time-span.

There doens't seem to be much out there that is a lot faster or as fast as a can of Slim-Fast or some sort of frozen microwavable dinner. If you eat those, you would likely lose weight fast enough without all of the fuss. You could plan your own skeleton plan, maybe, using things that you like...hard-boiled eggs kept handy, tuna salad with low-fat mayo takes about 5 minutes to prep., store-bought soup with some pre-roasted chicken added, etc. Along that line of thinking, here's a thought....

I loved watching Dancing with the Stars and always admire how thin and muscular the instructors are. I watched an interview with Cheryl Burke and they asked her what her diet was like. I could tell that she is a single lady without much cooking time, so she would take advantage of the store deli and make healthy choices of prepared foods. She said that she would eat a bran muffin with fresh fruit (she showed a deli container of cut up melons, etc.), then for lunch she ate some sort of turkey meatloaf (I have a fantastic recipe for this and it is SO good), along with a salad, I think. At dinner, she ate store-roasted chicken with sushi rolls and maybe salad. I don't remember the details but I remember how smart she was to have figured out some "fast food" that worked for her hectic single-girl life. Now for me, I would find it time-consuming to go to the store on a daily basis. I end up shopping for junk (nail polish, etc.) and would be stuck there and in a slow line for over an hour.

I hope you don't get discouraged with responses from the board. Typed messages can come across a lot differently than face-to-face discussions. There really are some great people on these boards with some great ideas to share...and there can be some rude ones. I've encountered that on another forum, myself. Now I try to re-read my replies carefully in the hopes of not coming across in a negative way. If I read it back and catch something that sounds "off," I make a correction. Your response to my diet plan was clear and made sense to me because I have daughters your age and know that they would find it overwhelming to cook the things that I'm used to cooking. We all have individual lifestyles and circumstances and the best "diet" that we can find is one that works with us as individuals. Hope you find something that works well for you! If you do, you can share it with others who also are busy and looking for simple plans that work.

MetalPrincess8...I'm curious to learn your normal eating habits as you don't appear to have time to COOK or EAT :confused: !!!??? In which case surely you don't need to lose weight :p. Please check in 1 week after cutting out all dairy/wheat/sugar - Good Luck :)

LOL...I can see how that might come across...I am just a very busy person...early up in the morning and late to bed at night. Most of the time I try to find things that are easily eaten on the go (ex. in the morning, I eat a mealbar on the train on my way to work). When I started gaining weight a couple years ago, I found myself eating alot of unhealthy stuff that was easy to eat on the go (fast food, etc.). So, now I'm trying to find an alternative that is just as easy as eating a mealbar on the go, but maybe a little more beneficial. Still working on your no dairy/wheat/sugar idea...but will check back in if I see any improvements! THANKS! :D

Welll your posts are very confusing...I saw on your other thread you have time to do your Wiifit or whatever it is for 45 min-1hour per day but not 5 minutes to boil soup. I guess soup can't cook by itself why you are exercising.

Yes, you are correct. I do the Wii Fit for 45 minutes each day. I have sacrificed other things in my schedule in order to make myself exercise. I really do not enjoy exercising, so this way I get at least some active time in, rather than not doing anything at all. I try to make my meals simpler and easier so that I DO have time to exercise each day. I feel that I'm not going to lose any weight if I don't exercise AND eat right each day, so, I try to find the easier approach by eating diet foods (i.e., SlimFast) and then, in turn, still having time to exercise. Now that I've lost a significant amount of weight, I am looking to KEEP it off. I know that I can't do SlimFast the rest of my life, that's why I'm trying to find SIMPLE alternatives, which is why I asked about it in the first place.

You asked for advice on the threads , and you are getting it.

Actually, someone else asked for advice...When the advice was given, I stated that the making of a soup was a little complex for my tastes/lifestyle and was wondering if anyone else had any other simpler alternatives. You came back and ridiculed me for not liking the soup idea. You never gave any alternatives or other suggestions that would fit my lifestyle. You don't know how I live, or what I do each day, or what I have time for each day. Simpler things are easier to stick to for me. I find that if it is complex or time consuming to make, the less likely I'm going to take the time (or have the time, for that matter) to prepare such a meal.

All I am saying is I would like a more simple alternative. I've already stated that several times. If you don't have anything nice to say, or have something to contribute to the conversation, why not just keep it to yourself?

Hi MP...I was catching up on reading the posts here.

I am a mother of six, with lots of cooking experience, and was used to cooking dinner for 8 and didn't have time to fuss with special meals of my own every night. The time factor is all relative to each of us. Before having kids, I would have thought it was a lot of fuss to make Jell-O. Now I can cook for marathons and enjoy it. To lose weight, I tried to cook separate WW meals for myself but that was always a huge struggle because I had to take care of my family's dinner simultaneously. I"ve also learned a lot of shortcuts and multi-tasking tricks and could likely make the pumpkin "pie," the soup, and the jello with fruit in about an hour and a half, once-a-week.

The prep time for my short-term diet plan wasn't much for me at all after being used to cooking for a large family. I made the family dinner every night, THEN once-a-week, made a big batch of soup for myself (about an hour to prep), which I used up all week long. This was the fastest thing I could do because I could freeze some of it for later and only have to fuss for myself on Sunday night (cooking time). All I had to do, then, each night, was reheat a bowlful and VOILA!--a healthy, filling meal. I did the same with the pumpkin and jello with fruit--just once-a-week.

I just plop the chicken in the water, and while that was boiling, took the frozen block of chopped spinach out and shredded some carrot (one or two) and chopped some onion. The main thing I wanted to get at is that you can find something that works for your own individual taste. If I were single and hated to cook (and liked soup), I would find a low-fat chicken soup or chicken broth, buy some frozen veggies that are low-cal, and a store-roasted chicken and combine those ingredients--adding seasonings that I like. There's nothing special about my recipe other than that it contains all of the greens, the yellows, low-fat chicken, and worked as a protein source and filler food for me. It's the only time in my life that I lost that much weight in that short time-span.

I like your ideas of shortcuts for your soup. I realize that you don't have to do everything from scratch and I will try to take that into account next time I am shopping for food. Making it from scratch is just not my forte, nor do I really have the time on the weekends to do it, but cutting corners like you have mentioned really might save me some time (frozen veggies, etc.).

There doens't seem to be much out there that is a lot faster or as fast as a can of Slim-Fast or some sort of frozen microwavable dinner. If you eat those, you would likely lose weight fast enough without all of the fuss. You could plan your own skeleton plan, maybe, using things that you like...hard-boiled eggs kept handy, tuna salad with low-fat mayo takes about 5 minutes to prep., store-bought soup with some pre-roasted chicken added, etc. Along that line of thinking, here's a thought....

I think that this is more along my lines of alternatives. Thanks so much for the suggestions. I don't cook very much...most of the time it is frozen dinners and such, but this sounds pretty easy and pretty fast to do and I will definitely think about those ideas next time I am at the grocery store as well.

I loved watching Dancing with the Stars and always admire how thin and muscular the instructors are. I watched an interview with Cheryl Burke and they asked her what her diet was like. I could tell that she is a single lady without much cooking time, so she would take advantage of the store deli and make healthy choices of prepared foods. She said that she would eat a bran muffin with fresh fruit (she showed a deli container of cut up melons, etc.), then for lunch she ate some sort of turkey meatloaf (I have a fantastic recipe for this and it is SO good), along with a salad, I think. At dinner, she ate store-roasted chicken with sushi rolls and maybe salad. I don't remember the details but I remember how smart she was to have figured out some "fast food" that worked for her hectic single-girl life. Now for me, I would find it time-consuming to go to the store on a daily basis. I end up shopping for junk (nail polish, etc.) and would be stuck there and in a slow line for over an hour.

All of these suggestions are great ideas...I like the one about the already cut up fruit from the grocery store. I hadn't thought of that before. That is a really healthy alternative and definitely more my speed. Thanks for that suggestion!

I hope you don't get discouraged with responses from the board. Typed messages can come across a lot differently than face-to-face discussions. There really are some great people on these boards with some great ideas to share...and there can be some rude ones. I've encountered that on another forum, myself. Now I try to re-read my replies carefully in the hopes of not coming across in a negative way. If I read it back and catch something that sounds "off," I make a correction. Your response to my diet plan was clear and made sense to me because I have daughters your age and know that they would find it overwhelming to cook the things that I'm used to cooking. We all have individual lifestyles and circumstances and the best "diet" that we can find is one that works with us as individuals. Hope you find something that works well for you! If you do, you can share it with others who also are busy and looking for simple plans that work.

Yes, we all have different lifestyles that need different techniques to make work and I really appreciate you taking the time to explain how your soup works and all of your other helpful tips. I will definitely take all of this into account and see what works best for me. I will definitely come back and share once I get into more of a daily routine that compliments my lifestyle. Thanks again!!:cool:

Archived