Private tours ?

seapenarth

How do people feel about taking a private tour or the ships tour. Not just price, but quality and service. One see`s ships tours where maybe you have a meal you do`nt want, or you only fancy part of the trip. We have not done many Seabourn trips lately as many are repeat ports but if you can find a good private tour that can satisfy your interests. Got to find the right tour companies. :)

I think if you find another tour that suits you better, and perhaps someone has recommended that tour company to you, that's great. A couple of things you need to think of: if something goes wrong with a Seabourn tour (flat tire, some sort of hold up so you don't get back to the ship when you should), the ship will not sail without you. If something unforseen should happen with a non-ship tour, you're out of luck.

For example, in Puerto Rico, I decided to go with a tour that wasn't part of the ship's excursions. This woman who was going to drive us to El Junque drove up in a filthy van and told me her leg hurt, she just couldn't drive today, sorry. The Seabourn bus had already left and that was it on the day's sightseeing.

Just so long as you are sure you're going with someone dependable, maybe it isn't too much of a risk. Except for those that are unforseen, as outlined above.

Jane

Archived