Cabins on Destiny

Hi Sailingscots:)

We usually book a particular cabin on any of the Thomson ships although we usually have an outside cabin. This year in June we booked cabin 5044 (deck 5 outside) and we've booked 5046 for March next year.

I don't know if there are any particular areas that are better than others, we just go for something central. Deck 4 has got the Reception and shops so there might be a bit more traffic around but I don't know whether that would affect the people in the cabins or not.

Not really very helpful I suppose but I thought I would just let you know our thoughts.

You'll have a great time wherever you are. The Destiny is a brill ship.

Smiffy1591

Janet

Its usually a good idea to look at the deck plans and see what is above your cabin- some say if its a sunbathing deck, they are woken up by crew putting sunbeds out early morning. Then again some say that if you suffer from sea sickness its better to get a lower deck cabin midship because there is less movement there. But the amount of time you spend in your cabin is quite minimal since they dont have balcony cabins except in the riduculously expensive suites! Still you may like a good nights sleep, be a late riser etc... It all depends on your personal choice

Hi Smiffy and Sobral,

Thanks for your responses. I did wonder about whether it would be better to try for something on deck 5 because of the Reception being on Deck 4. We opted for an inside because the literature seems to indicate that it is possible to push the two beds together in those, whereas some of the outside ones have the L shaped formation.

I am really looking forward to our trip, having had such a great time on Emerald this summer.

Sailingscots

Hi Sailingscots;)

Yes the outside cabin we had on Deck 5 did have the L shaped formation, although that suits me fine as it gets me a bit further away from the other half's snoring - he he!!!!

Smiffy1951

Janet

Archived