Tulum Mayan Ruins Express Excusion

flip side of fifty

We absolutely loved Tulum but we were docked at Calica and just rented a car and drove 45 minutes South and we were there. It was a great day there.

Having said that, I have read that it is really not worth taking this excursion. It is really a long day because you have to take the ferry which I believe is an hour each way and that can be choppy.

There is so much to do at Cozumel and the island is so beautiful. We absolutely loved Cozumel.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how much the ship's excursions to Tulum cost? (I will be on the Carnival Legend if that matters.)

Also, we will be in Cozumel from 10am to 6pm. Is this enough time to go to Tulum? I've heard it the transportation alone is about 5 hours?!

Although I am sure many have done it on their own I would only do Tulum on a ship excursion. We did it when we were in Cozumel for a week long land vacation and loved it. The transportation along is about 4 hours if everything goes well. On our way back to Cozumel the weather suddenly turned and the ferry back was delayed 2 hours. They almost cancelled the crossing and I wish they had because I have never been so afraid as that ferry trip back to Coz. I also think that if you go an a ship excursion you really won't have enough time to enjoy the site and the amazing beach.

We are taking our third NCL cruise on the Pearl October 19 and are very confused on Cozumel excursions. We are in our 50's and wanted Mayan Ruins but think snorkeling might be better. Castaway scared us from the ferry to Playa. Please advise on any recommendation for Coz for first timers.

Archived