Have You Tried Hungry Girl Recipes?

misty57

I just bought the hungrygirl cookbook. I know that some of her recipes are available online as well, but I like having the book to refer to. Some of her recipes are similar to ones I have developed by substituting fat free or sugar free ingredients, but there are some fantastic desert recipes. I made the pumpkin caramel cupcakes and the death by chocolate cupcakes. :eek: My DH and DS both loved them. The chicken strip recipe is very good as well. Has anyone else tried some of her recipes ( either in the book or online) that they really liked?

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried a few and they have been hit or miss. Did like the onion rings though. Who new you could do so much with Fiber One cereal (or should?). Generally, I try to stay away from processed food and eat real, organic/natural foods and I feel so much better. Plus organic has been a HUGE help with controlling my food allergies! WW Lifetimer for over 4 years!

I have tried a few and they have been hit or miss. Did like the onion rings though. Who new you could do so much with Fiber One cereal (or should?). Generally, I try to stay away from processed food and eat real, organic/natural foods and I feel so much better. Plus organic has been a HUGE help with controlling my food allergies! WW Lifetimer for over 4 years!

I agree that not all the recipes are very good, and they aren't all healthy, but they do give you some simple solutions when you need something different. I tried the pumpkin pancakes. Oh they were bad! In fact I wrote that on the page!

Archived