Entertainment on the Calypso

Hi

We are going on the Calypso on 29th September and wondered what to expect in terms of entertainment. We have cruised on the Destiny, spirit and Celebration and are not expecting the usual type of shows as the ship is much smaller.

Also, does the Calypso feel a lot smaller in terms of movement and seating etc.

I am really looking forward to the cruise and would like to meet up with anyone else who visits this board, and I wont even mention smoking :D

Thanks

The entertainment on Calypso is much the same as the other Thomson ships we've been on (Celebration, Spirit, Emerald) but slightly adjusted because of the low ceiling in the show lounge...so not so many lifts when they are dancing...several pillars in the lounge so choose your seat carefully as near the front as you can because it doesn't slope much! We had one play per week which made a nice change and also a comedienne one night and a magician in the second week for one night. The usual duo in one of the bars and a pianist in another bar and some of the show team did an individual cabaret spot as well so plenty for all tastes and, as usual with Thomson, excellent!

We felt the ship had a nice 'feel' to it a bit like the Emerald tho' smaller. No children as well which was a bonus!! We were on Deck 6 slightly forward of midships and in the choppy waters of the northern Black Sea we were very comfortable. There appeared to be plenty of room in all areas when we were on in June. I have written a review on this site if you want a read!!

We loved it and will go again.

I associate the term PM to mean private messaging, and usually by clicking on someone's name you can send a message to them. On some boards I believe you have to have made a certain number of posts, or have been a member for sometime. I don't know what the rules are here, but perhaps a mod or administrator can enlighten us both! All good wishes, and it will be lovely to meet you ........ once we know how to make contact using REAL names!!

Archived