AOS - favorite spots?

jhs205

We (2 50-something couples) will be on the AOS Aug. 24 sailing (Aruba itinerary). We have not sailed on the AOS before. We have fond memories of our favorite spots on other ships - pre-dinner drinks, nightcaps, music, deck spots for lounging, reading, etc. Just wondering what favorites others have on the AOS so we can check them out. Any input welcomed!

Thanks!

Joanne

We (2 50-something couples) will be on the AOS Aug. 24 sailing (Aruba itinerary). We have not sailed on the AOS before. We have fond memories of our favorite spots on other ships - pre-dinner drinks, nightcaps, music, deck spots for lounging, reading, etc. Just wondering what favorites others have on the AOS so we can check them out. Any input welcomed!

Thanks!

Joanne

We were on the AOS last year and loved to go to the Schooner Bar after dinner. My favorite place was my balcony:D

You will love the AOS, have a great cruise.

Well My friends and I are all about 23 so we have different favorite spots. But we all don't really like lots of kids around us (especially screaming ones :o ) we LOVED the solarium and the hot tub in the spa area was ALWAYS empty! My girls and I always went to the hot tub in the late afternoon in the solarium too b/c most people were getting ready for the early seating dinner and we had the late seating so it was pretty quite in there.

Watch out with the Solarium though, it echo's in some places....I have a loud voice and we were talking to another couple and this older women came and scolded me for being so loud. She didn't accept the fact that my voice is actually loud and I wasn't yelling :rolleyes:

We loved the Solarium as well...NO LITTLE KIDS..:D

The Viking Lounge is on Deck 14 or 15???best views.....the chairs are comfy, the bartenders are nice.

If DH loves a cigar...then you must visit the cigar lounge on deck 4...there is nothing better than a cigar and DeSorano on ice for an after dinner treat. The leather couches and chairs give the room a manly feel. The lights are kep dim for a soft feel.

We were on teh AOS April of 2007 and loved every minute...

Angela

Thanks!

Joanne

Hi Joanne,

We are on that cruise as well, flying in Saturday I am so excited I am already packed:) We were on the AOS last year same week (Barbados) and our favorite thing to do was go mini golfing then after go to our favorite spot, the bar just inside from the mini golf ( I can't remeber the name) but it was so beautiful and peaceful. We would also go up there after dinner and there were never many people. See you the 24th you are going to love it.

Hi Joanne,

We are on that cruise as well, flying in Saturday I am so excited I am already packed:) We were on the AOS last year same week (Barbados) and our favorite thing to do was go mini golfing then after go to our favorite spot, the bar just inside from the mini golf ( I can't remeber the name) but it was so beautiful and peaceful. We would also go up there after dinner and there were never many people. See you the 24th you are going to love it.

Wow you guys are going on right after me... is your itinerary Barbados too?

Archived