Is there time..

Herburlness

Hi,

Im booking a cruise that will have us at San Juan from 5pm till midnight in the middle of November. We would love to do the bio tour, but Im wondering if there will be time for anything else? It will be our first time there, and I would love to see as much of Old San Juan as possible!

I have looked into both the kayak one in Fajardo I think it is, and the boat ride in Vieques. I have a feeling there will be no time if I pick the boatride in Veiques. The boatride tour I believe you can swim in the bay, is it worth missing the city? Any opinions? I'd love to hear them!

Thanks

Well, I don't know if you will be able to make it to either BioBay.

You need to get to Fajardo for either tour. Fajardo is about 1.25hr away from OJ. You definitely can't get to the Vieques BioBay since that boat leaves at 5pm.

Check the moon calendar to make sure it is a good night.

For the Fajardo BioBay, call and ask if they think you can get to the dock before they leave (usually about 6-6:30p). Go with the cruise ship tour if they offer it, so you know you will make it.

If you are able to go out, you will not have time to see OSJ.

OSJ is a great place to tour. Depending on the night you are there, different things may be going on, but most of the stores and forts will be closed at about 5pm. So you will be just seeing things from the outside. But it is still very pretty. There are some tours available. Check my travel site for ideas and tour info:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/category/oldsanjuan/

Archived