Canyon Ranch toiletries back?

jonmar

The Gilcrest and Soames amentities were provided in the QG cabins.

Another minor point--In the early QM2 days, Cunard used to always mention "Frette linens" in their amenity discussions of grill accommodations, and indeed it was that luxury brand that was used. But on the transatlantic voyage I just completed, the linens were NOT Frette (I much preferred the new towels). And in the 2009 catalogue, the reference is to "luxury linens" -- i.e., the word "Frette" is absent.

To Add to the minor points that have changed in the QG, the Grill sundeck was just for QG as was the lounge. There was a much greater number of staff in the QG restaurant as well as the lounge.

The Gilcrest and Soames amentities were provided in the QG cabins.

Another minor point--In the early QM2 days, Cunard used to always mention "Frette linens" in their amenity discussions of grill accommodations, and indeed it was that luxury brand that was used. But on the transatlantic voyage I just completed, the linens were NOT Frette (I much preferred the new towels). And in the 2009 catalogue, the reference is to "luxury linens" -- i.e., the word "Frette" is absent.

The wording was a management decision to improve the ambience for passengers as they were fretting that there would be too much fretting about the type of linen available. :mad:

I posted awhile back that I had a feeling Cunard and Canyon Ranch might be ending the contract..all the sales brochures in the past would really playup the Spa..this years..and the 2009 transatlantic I received last week ..now call it The Queen Mary 2 spa...no mention of Canyon ranch..this might happen after the November refit...

I posted awhile back that I had a feeling Cunard and Canyon Ranch might be ending the contract..

You could well be right...

this years..and the 2009 transatlantic I received last week ..now call it The Queen Mary 2 spa...no mention of Canyon ranch..

See post #16 in this thread...

I'm reaching for the Silversea brochure as we speak......

:D

Do you do the crossings on SS?

I'm booked on "the Cloud" for next September's crossing and it will be interesting to see what the drydock changes will bring......just hope they don't drop the Acqua Di Parma bathroom goodies...I'm running low! Dates didn't work out this year for SS crossings for me hence the reason for trying a liner rather than a cruise ship and am looking forward to it, especially the NYC arrival/sailing. I'm sure it will be a very different experience & I'm sure we'll have fun.

Look forward to comparing notes over a glass or two :)

:D

Do you do the crossings on SS?

I'm booked on "the Cloud" for next September's crossing and it will be interesting to see what the drydock changes will bring......just hope they don't drop the Acqua Di Parma bathroom goodies...I'm running low! Dates didn't work out this year for SS crossings for me hence the reason for trying a liner rather than a cruise ship and am looking forward to it, especially the NYC arrival/sailing. I'm sure it will be a very different experience & I'm sure we'll have fun.

Look forward to comparing notes over a glass or two :)

Snap! we are booked on that crossing as well.

I understand they putting more Silver Suites in and re-locating the Spa to the where the gym is now. The Verandah suites were looking a bit tired on our last trip and needed a makeover. From what I've seen of the plans, she will look fantastic. We love the "Cloud". She is possibly our favourite ship.

No "A di P "goodies" on our October trip sadly, just that nasty G&S..

We will definetely need to compare notes. Are You in the QG as well?

Quin

Snap! we are booked on that crossing as well.

I understand they putting more Silver Suites in and re-locating the Spa to the where the gym is now. The Verandah suites were looking a bit tired on our last trip and needed a makeover. From what I've seen of the plans, she will look fantastic. We love the "Cloud". She is possibly our favourite ship.

No "A di P "goodies" on our October trip sadly, just that nasty G&S..

We will definetely need to compare notes. Are You in the QG as well?

Quin

Yes we are......email me via the address on my profile (download vCard). :-)

:mad: I wanted to replenish my supply of favorite toiletries, but I couldn't find them listed on their website. I called Canyon Ranch's headquarters and was told that they no longer make toiletries! She said that they "have moved in a different direction". Instead, expensive skin care products are now available on their website.

I wanted to replenish my supply of favorite toiletries, but I couldn't find them listed on their website. I called Canyon Ranch's headquarters and was told that they no longer make toiletries! She said that they "have moved in a different direction". Instead, expensive skin care products are now available on their website.

Archived