Spirit Airline $9 Fare Club

MotherofTrips

Does anyone have any experience with this? You windup spending $39.00/year for each member. Do you really get great deals and is it worth it?

They are always showing sales on the website but the fare that they are advertising is never the fare that shows up. Is it because I don't have the promo code?

I am having a hard time finding a reasonable roundtrip flight from Phila to Miami in November.

Personally, after all I've read about Spirit, I'd refrain from wasting any money with them. They seem to have eliminated Customer Service department, no way to reach by phone, and with the layoffs of flight crews, who knows how much longer they will even be flying in the current economic environment. I'd think twice before making any long range plans with them.

Spirit's customer service has improved. Yesterday I called at 2:30pm and got right through. My request was handled even though it said I had to do it online. I have 2 flights scheduled with them, I hope they don't go under I have always had good luck with them.

I have flown to Ft. Lauderdale twice this year as free spirit member. Once for 8.00 each way and once for 9.00 then the airport fees so it ends up costing me about 46.00 for the trip. I just passed up 2.00 each way in Sept. and October. The trick is being able to arrange your departures both ways on the low fare date and many times they can be 10 or 11 days apart. Most people cannot take that much time off. I am retired so going on their selected dates is easy for me, it would however be difficult if you work or any member of your group works. There are other things that makes it not a great deal. Besides the 39.00 member fee, you have to use their card which has a 69.00 per year fee after the first year, and you have to make one charge a month or they charge you 9.00 a month. As I said for me it has really worked out but for most it would not. Hope this helped answer your question..

Archived