How to tell when the cruise has started

pulledporky

Always has been first step out of elevator onto the Lido deck. after reading lots of these i am going to savor some other things boarding on Liberty Nov. 8th. like i remember the blast of cool air as you exit the gangway onto the deck of the ship, yes it as a certain smell also. putting my keys, wallet, and most of all cell phone in the safe for 7 days. next step onto the balcony!!!, then up to one of my favorite spots in the world the aft lido bar for the first Carnival Miller Lite which for some reason tastes better than any other. Dang 75 mor days to think about this.

The gangay guyssss

Someone here called it "ticket to Paradise " lol very wise indeed.

:)

The smelll

:)

I live in Miami and everytime we go to the beach we see the Port and the ships lining waiting there for the guest's to arrive and I get this feeling of "I wanna be there" lol it happens all the time.

Well is 27 days for us lol

Definitely walking up the gangway and seeing the greeters at the entryway. That's when all the hassles of getting there are behind us and we can fully relax and know that we're now in control of making the most of every minute of our vacation.

It starts when my alarm goes off at about 4:00 a.m. Then it grows when my flight takes off. After that it increases when I get in the taxi that takes me to the port. And then I hand off my luggage to a porter and I know that it is really real. I check in and get my welcome aboard pic taken and I can feel the excitement mounting. As I step foot on the ship I look up at the atrium and I know for sure that I am on vacation and everything else just disappears. When I head to the buffet for lunch and see everyone else who is in the same frame of mind that I am, then I REALLY know that I am on a cruise. :)

Ahhh - this is me almost to a T. Except my vacation excitement starts when I leave work the night before. I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve :D

Now as far as how to tell when the cruise has started, I'm with the OP - the second we walk out onto the Lido deck and a waiter comes right over and offer us a couple of foofoo drinks - ah yes, the vacation has begun.

btw I really love this thread! 38 days and counting for my next lido deck encounter!!!!!:cool:

Archived