Barcelona Hotel Information

bs83703

The gay hotel that pops up all the time is the Axel.

You can also check our TripAdvisor.com and see what they have. If you don't have to be in the gayborhood, you might want to be guided by their recommendations. One thing I've learned to look for is a management response to comments that are posted.... it doesn't mean the experience will be perfect, but it does mean that they're paying attention and trying to make things right.

Based on that, I settled on the Pulitzer for my stay in a couple weeks.

we stayed at the AC Diplomatic hotel which is a nice modern style hotel that was walking distance to the bars.

We also stayed here, both before and after our Med cruise last Fall...our room before was on a high floor on the back, and had PERFECT views of La Sagrada Familia.

Great location for touristy stuff, too, but not too near the noise. Would highly recommend it (was first recommended to us by locals who put their out-of-town guests up there.)

Andrew

hi! i from Barcelona!

And I go on Navigator 29set2008 with my mamy!

i'm 29y.o!

Near Bars there are good hotels

Axel Hotel (3+++) very expensive for only 3+++

There are:

Hotel Rafael Casanovas++++ good, new,

Hotel Sansi Diputacio+++

or if you want ++ in universitat sq, there are hotel Condestable!

Hotel Jazz, and hotel Soho, there are good +++ hotels very near gay area, 5minutes to walk

if you need more information, please contact me,

and if you want see you on bord the Navigator of the Seas! 29set

Good morning!

I highly recommend "Hotel 1898". It's central location on Las Ramblas was worth the little extra. Excellent decor, well furnished rooms, trendy, and wonderful service.

This hotel was also highly recommended by "Tripadvisor.com"

Enjoy the wonderful city of Barcelona!

ScottToronto:)

We stayed at the B-Hotel, it is near the old bull ring, by now the reno should be complete and it should be a new shopping mall while maintaining the historical outside. THe B-Hotel is near a subway is very modern with a roof top pool and very reasonable at the time. Summer 2007. Las Ramblas is great but we preferred the location of the B-Hotel, two subway stops or, as we did a nice 15 minute walk through some great streets with shopping and restaurants to explore.

My partner and I chose the Axel for our post-cruise unwind in Barcelona on 25 October. I've read the Trip Advisor reviews and have had a first-hand review from a friend who says it's not all that posh for the expense but still good. I've analyzed the hotels in this area and it seems to be just as expensive as the rest unless I've missed something. So hopefully it will be as good as others have mentioned. I'll let you all know when we return at the end of October.

Hello there!

My partner and I will be staying one night at Hotel 1898 at the end of our Gem cruise in October. Can anyone tell me a little about the hotel and the surrounding areas? What should we see in our short 24 hour visit before heading back to NY? We've never been to Barcelona and want to make the best out of our trip. Honestly, the only reason I booked Hotel 1898 was because I read it is a converted Phillipines Tobacco Factory....my wife is a very proud Filipina...and I thought I'd get brownie points!! Mission accomplished but now I just want to know what to look for, expect, etc.

Any information anyone could give us would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks!

Hello there!

My partner and I will be staying one night at Hotel 1898 at the end of our Gem cruise in October. Can anyone tell me a little about the hotel and the surrounding areas? What should we see in our short 24 hour visit before heading back to NY? We've never been to Barcelona and want to make the best out of our trip. Honestly, the only reason I booked Hotel 1898 was because I read it is a converted Phillipines Tobacco Factory....my wife is a very proud Filipina...and I thought I'd get brownie points!! Mission accomplished but now I just want to know what to look for, expect, etc.

Any information anyone could give us would be greatly appreciated!! :)

Thanks!

Good evening JandT,:)

I stayed at the Hotel 1898 last year with my partner (who happens to be Filipino). We loved it. I am a decorator and the hotel was spectacular. The rooms well appointed, beautifully decorated and spotless. You will enjoy it. It is centrally located.

You must walk the city as much as possible. The famous cathedral Sagrada Famillia is a must. Make sure you go all the way to the top.

It's a shame you are only there for one day. The Picasso Musceum is fantastic if you like his work. There is enough to keep you busy for 3-4 days. Shopping is fantastic in BCN. For dining (my favourite hobby), try "Castro" on Casanova,85. (it's located in the gay area) or for the ultimate experience try "Neichel" (a Relais & Chateaux restaurant) located about 15 minutes in a taxis from the hotel. Food and service were amazing....very 5 star.

If you decide to return to Barcelona, try a few days in Sitges (a small village/gay resort about 30 minutes by train outside of BCN. Lovely, romantic and gay! We hope to return in 2010.

Any more information needed, do not hesitate to contact me.

Bon voyage!

ScottToronto:)

Hi Scott!!

That's fantastic! Thank you so much for the information. I've already jotted down your suggestions and will look into the restaurants. I wish we had more time to devote to BCN...I'm sure it would be fun....but unfortunately, we HAVE to be back November 3rd....without getting TOO political....Election Day is on the 4th....and this year we feel it is more important than ever to vote....and we don't trust the absentee voting in the least! So, we're going to try to fit what we can into those 24 hours and create some wonderful memories and perhaps one day we'll return!!

Your partner is Filipino too? That's great!! We were married last August and had, what we like to say, a traditional Filipino ceremony....only it was on the beach instead of in a church.....we had a nice "Lesbi-twist" to it!! Two brides....an Episcopal priest....the cord, veil, and the coins....we had sponsors....and BOTH sets of parents walked us down the aisle. This trip was a Christmas present to her....to mark our first Christmas as a married couple. I gave it to her last year....but deliberately scheduled it for her birthday THIS year so she could spend her day in Italy. :D

That being said, thanks again for the information....it will definitely be put to good use!

Have a great night!

Archived