Interesting Oasis Item...

Why do you assume that it will be any different with this ship than with any other? They have both Eastern and Western itineraries that they can switch depending upon the course of any tropical storms and the closure of ports happens on occasion regardless of what size ship we are discussing. Again there is a lot of space to accommodate those "crowds" that you envision. Not much that can be done about those who will whine or complain about port cancellations or itinerary changes. They happen now and are likely to happen on Oasis no more than on any other vessel. In fact, the number of venues and attractions onboard to occupy guests while at sea (and in port, since some folks have already indicated and inclination to remain onboard when the ship is at dockside) may actually result in a decrease in dissatisfaction should bad weather strike. The consensus seems to be that Oasis will be more the destination than any of the ports on her itinerary, so I think your opinions are overly pessimistic though to be expected considering the source.;) For some a seven night cruise to nowhere would be heavenly.

Since it is unlikely that you will ever sail this so-called "beast", your concern, while appreciated, is really unnecessary.:rolleyes:

Bill, don't argue with the experts!!!!;) She is showing her expertise on this thread also. Especially on post #73.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=832926

Could you imagine what Carnival would do if they got their hands on Oasis?

First of all, I put a $1000 deposit down on two Oasis cabins last night after three or four phone calls back and forth with the TA. I triumphantly got off the phone and announced my accomplishment to my family. Their logical question was, "So where does this cruise go?" I had no idea! Turns out it is Eastern but who cares?

Also, who is Adam Goldstein? I definitely need to change my cabin selection. Have to be on the docking side!

Almost made the call to change the cabin side but my DH made an interesting point. For eastern itinerary going to St. Thomas, if docking on the starboard side, wouldn't our portside cabin likely leave us with a nice view of the bay/harbor of charlotte amalie instead of another ship? Nassau, who knows what the configuration will be? My husband describes that as a parking lit every time we go there. The only other port is St. Maarten and it has been a long time since I stopped there. Any insight?

Your take on this is right on the money! My DH and I are sailing on the Oasis just for the ship, not the destinations. We've already been to all of the ports she is sailing to on our cruise, so we'll just stay on the ship and enjoy all she has to offer. A 7 day cruise to nowhere would not bother us at all.:)

As a matter of fact, I think she has so much to offer that it'll take all 7 days, if not more, to explore and enjoy everything!

So true. We booked last night, and I didn't even know what the itinerary was.:D

Depends on how the Captain "parks" the ship. We were on the Caribbean Princess this past April, and when he docked her, he backed her in( Crown Bay). Our cabin was on starboard side, and we had a lousy view of some dirt and an old building on that side. Was the crappiest view I have ever had in a port! Would have gladly been on the port side when there. I am wondering if The Oasis will dock at Crown Bay as well, as that is where all the mammoth ships have to dock. Jax:)

What does GMA stand for? "Giving Misinformation Again"

This person is bent on trying to lead everyone to believe this size ship can not occupy safely 6000 people. I got news for you. US Navy Carriers have 6000 sailors and we tendered all the time with no issues and I never felt over crowded. The ships actually float and will outperform smaller vessels. Do us a favor and take your doom and gloom theory back to Carnival board and trash the Pinnacle design.

Ditto! So incredibly negative. I just don't get it. It's here and the other boards as well. :confused::mad::confused: Maybe GMA should sail Oasis before commenting....ya think??

So true. We booked last night, and I didn't even know what the itinerary was.:D

We were so excited to book last night, too, that I never asked for the price!!! :D The TA called me back because she forgot to get my address, and I asked her then, and she said, with a smile, "twenty-five thousannndddd dollars." It was pretty funny.

If this is true, isn´t it a bad idea to choose the starboard side for this?

Shouldn´t they choose port side for docking, to avoid confusion ;) :p :D :rolleyes:

LOL, you are kidding right.:D

Archived