Penthouse Suite Question

trixie54

We are trying to decide between a PS on Summit, or PS on HAL's new Eurodam. Both have my main objectives: the space & hot tub on the verandah - I just love that! Summit's main appeal over Eurodam right now is the gorgeous master bath, with the inside wh/pl in the window - wow! On the Eurodam it's truly "inside" the bathroom.

Please don't flame me for being spoiled, ridiculous, etc. (my mother takes care of all that!) I'm just trying to find someone who's seen both PS's on the 2 ships & can comment on the suite differences & the entire experience.

Thanks!

We sailed in the PH on Millennium in 2006 and I wrote the following review which you may find useful:-

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=19487

The balcony was what swung it for us, I don't think we ever went to the main pool area.

BTW all the amounts are in Euro but when the review was posted, it didn't show the euro sign.

trixie54,

While I can't give you an exact comparison, I can tell you our experience with the royal suite on the Millennium and the penthouse suite on the Westerdam.

We sailed in the RS on the Millennium in Feb '07 and loved every minute of it. We liked the butler service on X better than use of the concierge in the Neptune Lounge on HAL. Xavier, our butler and Maria, our cabin steward were the best of any cruise experience ever. We were also invited to dine at the Captain's table one night which was very nice.

We were in the Penthouse suite on the Westerdam in Dec '07 which is very similar to the pictures I have seen of the Eurodam. The space is wonderful and very comfortable. I loved being able to close off the bedroom. There is a whole wall of closets with plenty of room even for someone like me who packs way too much. The luxurious bathroom was even more beautiful than pictures I had seen.

Both beds were wonderfully comfortable, although we much preferred the King on the Westerdam. The veranda on the Westerdam is much smaller than what you would experience on the Summitt. However, for us it was perfect. There were 2 lounge chairs, a table with cushioned banquet seating and a very nice jacuzzi. If you plan to entertain a large group, the Summitt veranda would be much better suited.

We all have individual preferences in mind when we book a cruise. Bottom line for us has to be the best value for the money we have budgeted for travel. We were able to sail in the penthouse on HAL for a little less than we paid to sail in the RS on X. The PH on X is simply not in our budget. That being said, we thought the food and service was slightly better on X.

Embarkation and disembarkation were better on HAL. Nightlife and entertainment were better on X. Half Moon Cay, HAL's private island is our favorite port.

Our next cruise is in an aft deluxe veranda suite on the Eurodam in November. We are looking at the Solstice for '09. Whatever you choose, hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Kim

We are trying to decide between a PS on Summit, or PS on HAL's new Eurodam. Both have my main objectives: the space & hot tub on the verandah - I just love that! Summit's main appeal over Eurodam right now is the gorgeous master bath, with the inside wh/pl in the window - wow! On the Eurodam it's truly "inside" the bathroom.

Please don't flame me for being spoiled, ridiculous, etc. (my mother takes care of all that!) I'm just trying to find someone who's seen both PS's on the 2 ships & can comment on the suite differences & the entire experience.

Thanks!

I think in Celebrity you because is a premium line you can get better things.

Archived