new to azamara - what are the daily activities like?

momoforthodoc

we're thinking about swaping our oceania ta with the journey ta for 2009. i think my dh's main concern is activity on board during the six sea days. can anyone tell me what activities there are and how the entertainment is in the evenings. we would appreciate any and all comments. :)

jeralyn ;)

We cruised TA on the Quest in April (Miami to Rome) and also had six sea days. We were concerned that we would be bored but, in fact, we didn't seem to have time to do everything we wanted to do.

I really enjoyed the wine tasting/wine pairing classes in Prime C (nominal charge - well worth it) but those clashed with the Spanish classes so my DH went to those while I imbibed!

There were craft classes (origami, jewelry making etc), singing classes (for a show at the end of the cruise), cocktail making and cookery demonstrations, exercise classes, computer and IT classes etc etc (too many to remember).

There were two guest lecturers - very interesting - both Professors - speaking about oceans, pirates, sailing boats .....

We had lots of fun taking part in the Battle of the Sexes quiz in the afternoons and made many new friends there.

And, of course, there is the opportunity for a long lunch and/or afternoon tea (in Aqualina accompanied by a harpist) or enjoying the excellent canapes delivered to every suite each afternoon.

Or just relaxing by the pool listening to the pool deck trio.

We enjoyed the entertainment (some more than others). There was an excellent guitarist in the early evenings (aft bar) and also a very talented singer/pianist (deck 5 main staircase area) late evenings as well as trio in late evenings in Panorama Bar - often themed with competitions - (followed by DJ around midnight).

There were daily early evening "quiz shows" such as "Liars Club", "What's My Line", "Newly Weds" quiz..... We never had time to go to these but they were recorded and could be seen on in-room TV system (as could the lectures, port briefings and more)

We really appreciated that the evening show had an early and a later performance (so could go pre or post dinner). There was a wide variety of very good entertainers - comedians, vocalists (London stage show performer), a multi-instrument musician (wonderful), an international pianist and an excellent, versatile ship's dancing/singing troupe.

Wherever your interests lie I'm sure you will find plenty of enjoyable activities to occupy your sea days...

Have a wonderful cruise.

thanks so much for responding in such detail. sounds like we will have a great cruise with some interesting and fun activities. of course i doubt there will be spanish lessons on the way back to the states, we would need that on the flight over to barcelona :rolleyes:

you were indeed quite helpful and we very much appreciate it!!

jeralyn ;)

Archived