Cancun Transportation

oavcech95

for getting around the hotel zone, which is the entire length of Kulkulkan Blvd, up through to the downtown area, Cancun has a very efficient public bus system. The cost is 6.5 pesos per person, per ride.

Parking can be scarce, so for getting around town, shopping and dining out, we don't bother with a rental car. Most people who go to Xcaret do so on a tour offered through their hotel.

I would suggest renting a car just for the day you plan to do your Xcaret excursion, for just getting around the HZ, the bus system is the way to go. The bus you'd probably use the most is the R-1, "Hoteles"

hope this helps you out, and enjoy Independence day!

for getting around the hotel zone, which is the entire length of Kulkulkan Blvd, up through to the downtown area, Cancun has a very efficient public bus system. The cost is 6.5 pesos per person, per ride.

Parking can be scarce, so for getting around town, shopping and dining out, we don't bother with a rental car. Most people who go to Xcaret do so on a tour offered through their hotel.

I would suggest renting a car just for the day you plan to do your Xcaret excursion, for just getting around the HZ, the bus system is the way to go. The bus you'd probably use the most is the R-1, "Hoteles"

Oh thanks, I am going to do that.

Oh thanks, I am going to do that.

• 4 weeks later...

When I went to Cancun this summer, we intended on using the buses, but we ended up taking taxis. This buses seemed overcrowded and it seemed only locals used them (not that there's anything wrong with that!!). We spent a LOT of money that week on taxi cab rides. We stayed at Barcelo Costa in hotel zone and only a couple of shops were within walking distance, but not REAL shops and definitely not the malls. We had to drive to the malls and all of the restaurants and clubs (like Bubba Gump, Margaritaville, Coco Bongo, etc, etc). We never paid less than 10-15 dollars to get ANYWHERE. One way.

Archived