Electrical plugs on GCT River Melody

thuyronald

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what type of electrical outlet is on the GCT River Melody ship or any other GCT ship traveling in Europe. I've only read somewhere that its a European style, but that doesn't give me much information as there are so many types of outlets being used in the different countries in Europe.

On several trips to Austria, Italy, and Greece, we've didn't have the right outlet adaptor to let us use our laptop and charge our cameras' batteries.

We'll be going on our first GCT river cruise this December 3rd on the Christmas along the Rhine trip.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Twee

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows exactly what type of electrical outlet is on the GCT River Melody ship or any other GCT ship traveling in Europe. I've only read somewhere that its a European style, but that doesn't give me much information as there are so many types of outlets being used in the different countries in Europe.

On several trips to Austria, Italy, and Greece, we've didn't have the right outlet adaptor to let us use our laptop and charge our cameras' batteries.

We'll be going on our first GCT river cruise this December 3rd on the Christmas along the Rhine trip.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Twee

Most of GCT ships have the same kind of plugs. The adapter I used was the same on all five boats I've been on. Can't really describe it though. It had two wide spaced round plugs, if that helps.

I bought an adaptor kit that has 5 different plugs plus the converter. I take them all along, but have only ever used that one. However on the last river cruise (Bizet) my friend and I found we could use the 110 outlet in the bathroom to charge our camera batteries.

Thank you Carole for the info. I'm not sure what that type of outlet is called but I know what you are talking about. This type is the one that my converter has so that is good to know.

We'll be on the Melody, so I'll check in the bathroom and see if I could charge my camera batteries there if I run out of outlets.

Thank you once again.

Twee

Hi Carole,

thank you for taking the time out to look at the plug. I've checked with my set and the lettering is different. Here's a link to the different plug types used in different countries and if you click on this one, it should show you the plug that I believe is the one you're talking about http://www.kropla.com/!c.htm. Is this it?

Twee

Once again, thank you for helping me out.

Hi Carole,

thank you for taking the time out to look at the plug. I've checked with my set and the lettering is different. Here's a link to the different plug types used in different countries and if you click on this one, it should show you the plug that I believe is the one you're talking about http://www.kropla.com/!c.htm. Is this it?

Twee

Once again, thank you for helping me out.

Hey. that's it.

Archived