HORRIBLE Customer service -- On the Majesty NOW!

I respect your opinion, I'm sure one thing that we can agree on is that they really do need to come up with a better idea for opening the door, someone haninging out in the hallway being locked out of their room for hours at a time is unaceptable.

Yes, I agree on that of course and the way it was handeled is unacceptable too.

Posted the bad, felt compelled to post the good also!

At the suggestion of Cruiseman_tx, I emailed the CEO of RCCL. Detailed my experience to him -- Sent the email on Saturday evening.

Today, I received a phone call from a very helpful gentleman in their Corporate Customer Service department. He did agree that action needed to be taken on their part (and I truly believe that he will follow through!).

He also recognized the fact that he was going to lose a customer without action on his part. As I stated earlier, I was much calmer by this point, but my wife still had no intention of turning the other cheek and giving RCCL another chance. To remedy this, he offered us a $250 discount for each of us on a future booking. Although I still think my wife may have a bit of a critical eye next time, at least we will be able to put this one behind us and give them a chance to show us what they can do.

Although I was tremendously frustrated at first, as soon as their corporate office heard about this they moved EXTREMELY quickly. Kudos to RCCL, for taking a pretty bad situation and doing what they could to acknowledge and fix it!

Thanks again to Cruiseman_tx and all of the others who took the time to give us their support by posting, phone calls, or otherwise!!!!! This is truly a great group!

Are these door locks ran by Windows 95 or Windows 98? If so, might want them to look into running Windows NT. Ha Ha Ha.

JK Better yet, Unix or Linux. :)

JK

Hope everything else turns out for you.....

Have them fix JS, Deck 10, room 1588 as I will be there on November 15..........

David A.

As far as the room keys, how about when you check in they instead of taking your picture take a print of your finger & have a small screen on your door for you to place your finger on and how about that, the door opens. Problem solved about magnet, no more room keys to hold on to and homeland security is increased. QUOTE]

Ok, but who's to say this system will always work? Any kind of technology is subject to failure. I bet we'd be reading posts in the future saying, "my lock wouldn't work! What's the deal? No one can figure out the problem," blah, blah.

Your sign and sail card has so much information on it that you would be amazed, starting with your ss#. Anybody at the front desk with access to the computer can see that information and more now. You already have a passport so they can do any check that they want on you and if your boarding a plane or a ship they have the right to know just who they are transporting, I have nothing to hide so I don't have a problem with it.

Just curious - I've never given my ss# to RCCL. Are you saying they get it from another source, perhaps through my passport #?

What about the people who don't have passports, just driver's licenses? How does RCCL obtain their ss#?

Gee where have I heard this one before? The Hotel Manager (The one you needed to talk to all along) was not available until the end of the cruise. Then he is "suddenly" aware of the problem and really angry that it was not fixed and that you are an unhappy camper. Gives you 200 for your anger and is so sad it occured. Lets see.... Oh yeah, my brother last year on a different ship. hummmm...... Must be just a fluke......

Are you listening RCCL? This is not the first time your hotel managers tried to duck a problem. It will cost you one customer(detroitmike) for sure. I am sure it will be along time until he returns if ever. My brother will return,but he is now wise to the game.

Never had this major a problem on RCCL, but knock on the ship railing just to make sure.... ;)

Archived