Snorkeling

CruiserRD

Can someone advise me if it's better to snorkel in Grand cayman or cozumel? Thanks

Grand Cayman! .....Hands down!!!!! We have snorkeled Hawaii, Cozumel,

Bahamas, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, St, Lucia, Antigua, Aruba, Bonaire....I could go on.. My absolute favorites are Grand Cayman and Bonaire. Just be aware that the snorkeling at Stingray City in G.C. is not really a snorkel.You will only see the sting rays (which is awesome!). This is not over a reef...just a waist-deep sandbar where the stingrays come to be fed from the boats. They give you snorkel masks, but you really don't need them to see the rays. Don't miss this adventure, but be sure to take a combined tour that also takes you to a snorkel reef. That's where the fish and colorful reefs are. Just about any tour in GC is great. Cheeseburger reef near the dock is very close and super. Snorkel tours go there.... Cozumel is loaded with reefs, but they don't seem to be as colorful (dying ?). The reefs in Bonaire were loaded with fish and very colorful (they're alive!). Our next cruise takes us to Grand Turk. I hear the snorkeling there is great....can't wait. I'll report back when I return. Happy snorkeling.:D

Archived