Acapulco All questions answered.

Tacos&Beer

Okay, I'll bite. How easy is it to go see the cliff divers on your own from the cruise dock? How much is the taxi? Admission to the divers, etc. How long is the show? Are there any tours that just do this, or are the cliff divers part of longer tours?

Okay, I'll bite. How easy is it to go see the cliff divers on your own from the cruise dock? How much is the taxi? Admission to the divers, etc. How long is the show? Are there any tours that just do this, or are the cliff divers part of longer tours?

Q. How easy is it to go see the cliff divers on your own from the cruise dock?

A. As easy as catching a Taxi.

Q. How much is the taxi?

A. Negotiable. Prices start at 20 Pesos per taxi or person. Not more than 100 pesos. This question is complex and depends on many factors but the bottom line is how much you are able to negotiate with a driver ($2.00 - $10.00). Then the ride back to port ($2.00 - $10.00)

Q. Admission to the divers, etc. PRICE

A. 35 pesos for the show fee plus the tip you give to the diver that just jumped off a cliff for your amusement (3.50 + 1.00 Tip = $4.50).

Total DYI price: 7.50 - Ad Infinitum

city_tour.jpg

Q. How long is the show?

A. About 30 minutes

Q. Are there any tours that just do this, or are the cliff divers part of longer tours?

A. Yes and Yes. The cliff diver show is an Acapulco tradition and common attraction.

IMO: Given many factors, price, familiarity with surroundings, time factors; whatever: You are probably better booking this or any tour with an agency. Your not in Kansas. Getting around in Acapulco could freak out the common traveler. "Why don't you go play in traffic" has a whole new meaning in Acapulco. Getting mugged, mobbed or bothered in Acapulco is really not an issue - getting run over by a bus, car or vehicle with no brakes is. Imagine having to tell your friends back home you got run over by a chicken truck in Mexico. A good agency will get you to and from your excursion safely and on time.

I'm also interested in the Cliff Divers, my DH is in a wheelchair, can we get a taxi to the show and can we get him to viewing point? We will be there Oct 21, arriving at noon, will there be a show sometime that afternoon? I appreciate your help.

Karen

I'm also interested in the Cliff Divers, my DH is in a wheelchair, can we get a taxi to the show and can we get him to viewing point? We will be there Oct 21, arriving at noon, will there be a show sometime that afternoon? I appreciate your help.

Karen

Q. My DH is in a wheelchair, can we get a taxi to the show and can we get him to viewing point?

A. I can't speak on behalf of getting your husband and his wheel chair into a Taxi. There are special assistance vans in Acapulco if you need one. You can get him to a viewing point at the show without traversing stairs.

Q. We will be there Oct 21, arriving at noon, will there be a show sometime that afternoon?

A. Dive Times:

12:30 pm

7:15 pm

8:15 pm

9:15 pm

10:15 pm

We have booked the cliff divers at night which leaves us with the day time to do what ever. What is within (safe) walking distance from the ship? I heard something about Fort San Diego being across from the docks.

Thanks

Yes, the fort of San Diego is right across the street from the cruise terminal, you can take the bridge exiting the cruise terminal to the left.

From there you can visit the mask museum, only a few short feet away from the fort, the main square "Zocalo" about 2 blocks away, with a nice cathedral in the center, the fishers warf located (Malecon) in front of the Zocalo.

What activities would you suggest with a toddler who just started walking? Any toddler-friendly beach you'd recommend that would be easy to get to? Or some place where he could have a nice stroller ride (maybe the fort)?

It was 3 in the morning, had company, they went home, I got bored made a map and now I am thinking "From now on More Tacos & 1 less Beer".

Thanks Aca_Port for pointing it out. I will upload an updated map.

I read you other post about giving away book markers. Why not have an Aztec Themed dance show instead? Cheaper than book markers, people will ooooohhh and ahhhh plus they wont end up in the trash. Hawaii does a traditional dance and gives people flowers.

I can't imagine anyone talking about the great authentic Mexico book marker they got in Acapulco.

It was 3 in the morning, had company, they went home, I got bored made a map and now I am thinking "From now on More Tacos & 1 less Beer".

Thanks Aca_Port for pointing it out. I will upload an updated map.

I read you other post about giving away book markers. Why not have an Aztec Themed dance show instead? Cheaper than book markers, people will ooooohhh and ahhhh plus they wont end up in the trash. Hawaii does a traditional dance and gives people flowers.

I can't imagine anyone talking about the great authentic Mexico book marker they got in Acapulco.

We are having a group of kids from a school perform dances from the state of Guerrero. We thought about the flowers, but, odds are that most of them will be going to the trash and the bookmarkers will have the Acapulco brand on each one, as well as a small explanation in a paper. Demographics show we have more adults that enjoy reading

The Aztec dance, Mariachi, and other dances from Mexico will be in the evening show performed on board by the contractor the ship hires for every call.

What activities would you suggest with a toddler who just started walking? Any toddler-friendly beach you'd recommend that would be easy to get to? Or some place where he could have a nice stroller ride (maybe the fort)?

Caleta or Caletilla are great options for children, calm waters.

For a stroll, the fort may not be the best choice, since the floor is made of stone and cement, a few trip hazards on the ground level. Up on the fort's walls, it's much better; smooth cement for strollers and great views. Within walking distance the main square Zocalo, very close to the pier.

Has anyone done the JetBoat Tour on the lagoon? We did one of these in St Thomas last December and had a great time, got soaked but was alot of fun. We are sailing the end of March, any info on the weather that time of year. We've not sailed here before, did Baja cruise twice, decided this would be a great change.

Has anyone done the JetBoat Tour on the lagoon? We did one of these in St Thomas last December and had a great time, got soaked but was alot of fun. We are sailing the end of March, any info on the weather that time of year. We've not sailed here before, did Baja cruise twice, decided this would be a great change.

It's an awesome ride, welll worth the trip, quick boat, 360° turns. A must do activity, I also recommend the white river rafting; same company different location.

The weather in Acapulco is almost always sunny, 85 to 89°F year round, humidity about 75%. Very different than Cabo, we are much warmer and many activities around town.

I feel dumb for my error. I am human and messed up that map. Truth is, I am a web developer and the more questions I answer the more I personally learn. The amount of research I perform to many would be mind boggling. And now I know all of the beach locations and names I should have already known the names, I have been to them all. And I was referring to Hornos Beach and not Caleta. From Hornos all the way to Condesa Beach are good areas to swim.

Happens to the best of us, good thing is you're helping providing useful insight on the destiny, kudos on that. Regarding swimming IMO, prefer to swim at Caleta, Caletilla,CICI waterpark to Hyatt, La Roqueta island beach and the beach in front of the Papagayo park. Beach of Condesa has a lot of swell and the waves break very close to the shore, Hornos has a little bit of swell and some small pebbles that make it a little difficult to walk to get in and out of the sea.

Happens to the best of us, good thing is you're helping providing useful insight on the destiny, kudos on that. Regarding swimming IMO, prefer to swim at Caleta, Caletilla,CICI waterpark to Hyatt, La Roqueta island beach and the beach in front of the Papagayo park. Beach of Condesa has a lot of swell and the waves break very close to the shore, Hornos has a little bit of swell and some small pebbles that make it a little difficult to walk to get in and out of the sea.

Yeah, I agree with that too. I really like the Hyatt because it is really calm and has powder sand.

Hey we did a tour in Acapulco a few years ago. The tour guide told us how to use the city bus to get down by one of the hotels where they give like $25.00 massages.

We have no Spanish skills. He told us to get on the bus headed to ?_________(hoping you can fill in the blanks) and get off at ?___________ hotel. We just told the driver where we wanted out and he helped us along.

How much money do we need to bring for the bus?

I wish I had written down the information.

Can we get jet boat rides off the beach...where (if) we get the massage?

Thanks,

Cindy

Hey we did a tour in Acapulco a few years ago. The tour guide told us how to use the city bus to get down by one of the hotels where they give like $25.00 massages.

We have no Spanish skills. He told us to get on the bus headed to ?_________(hoping you can fill in the blanks) and get off at ?___________ hotel. We just told the driver where we wanted out and he helped us along.

How much money do we need to bring for the bus?

I wish I had written down the information.

Can we get jet boat rides off the beach...where (if) we get the massage?

Thanks,

Cindy

I know of three spas in Acapulco although there are a million more probably.

1. Villa Vera SPA (Vila Vera Raintree)

2. Oriental Spa (Hotel Emporio)
  3. The Health Club ( Fiesta Americana)

Jet Boat Rides with Shotover don't take place on Acapulco Bay. They are in the Puerto ***** lagoon / mangroves.

You can rent Jet Skis all over Acapulco Bay. Hold up 200 pesos and see if you can get an Hour, most of those guys will negotiate. 200 pesos is better than nothing.

Sorry i missed you post initially.

This message has been brought to you by Tacos & Beer, in association with the Eat A Taco foundation.

Cindy

Regarding the massages, I believe the guide was referring to the beach vendor massage (hotel spa massages cost more); there are many local "masseuses" walking on the beach offering their services on the beach for that price (1 hour)

They usually walk through all beaches and offer a sitting massage with coconut oil, IMO, pretty relaxing and you get your money's worth. I have tried the lady located at Caleta beach next to La Cabaña restaurant and it was good. I prefer a SPA due to the facilities (steam, pool, sauna, etc)

The only place I know there are huts for beach massages is at Pie de la Cuesta beach about 30 minutes away from the pier (I go to Club Vaymas)

Archived