Labadee Waverunner, worth $95? or Kayak better?

My daughter and I did the wave runner excursion in August. I am on the heavy side and thought maybe this wasn't for me. WE HAD A BLAST!!!! Just picture yourself flying across the ocean with the RCCL commercial music playing in you head. You jet ski right by the ship which was cool. We have been on nine cruises and this is one of the best shore excursions we have taken. We only wished it was longer. I had never been on a jet ski before and maybe more experienced drivers might be bored but we weren't. We were somewhere in the middle of everyone and still found it exhilarating. Enjoy!

I've never ridden one before, but was thinking about doing it in Labadee in December. My thinking was that it would probably be around the same cost elsewhere, and this may be "safer" because it's guided and RCCL's equipment as opposed to some beach vendor. Does this logic track?

It's good thinking. The RCCL equipment was SO much superior to what we rented at the San Francisco Beach Club in Cozumel. Also, although some may think it unnecessary, the excursion starts with a 10 minute classroom-style orientation to the machine and technique. Very, very helpful if you've never been on it.

Happy Sails,

Annette

P.S. I say YOU GO slow guy at the end of the line; safety first!! :)

DD and I did this last May. She'd never driven one before. We didn't like the fact that we were expected to drive faster that than she was comfortable doing. (Yes, we did lag back as best we could.) We also did not enjoy being "surrounded" by the locals in their canoes at one of the stopping points. I think I'd far prefer to rent one at a resort where I/we could just do things at our own pace.

Archived