Do I need new luggage tags??

Terry305

If you are checking bags, they will need tags to make sure they get to your room. Each cruise we've been on, there are several folks whose luggage is delivered to the wrong room because the tags were not present, correct or readable.

We use the e-doc's and do NOT use the tags that we print. We always wait until we arrive at the port and fill out tags provided by the porters.

We do this for 2 reasons, First - I don't trust the paper ones will last very long unless they are laminated, which many people do. Second and most importantly - I want the "old" style tags to keep as souvenirs.

No matter what tag you want to use, put a copy of your documents inside the bag on top of everything else. This way if the tag comes off or gets misplaced, they can identify whose bag it is.

My cabin was just change, I received my travelling documents about a month ago and I was planing to use the stick on they send me, now that my cabin has change will I need new ones??

Terry, remember the upgrade that I got where we kept our OV on Empress, and got the Cat 11 on Verandah? Well, I went under "My Doc's", and just printed the new luggage tags. It's easy to do, and I wrapped them with packing tape to protect them. Now I just have to staple them to the bags and we're ready to go. We're sending all the luggage to the suite to make it easier. Good luck, and Happy Cruisin'! Dave

Terry, remember the upgrade that I got where we kept our OV on Empress, and got the Cat 11 on Verandah? Well, I went under "My Doc's", and just printed the new luggage tags. It's easy to do, and I wrapped them with packing tape to protect them. Now I just have to staple them to the bags and we're ready to go. We're sending all the luggage to the suite to make it easier. Good luck, and Happy Cruisin'! Dave

Thanks Dave and enjoy that suite !!:)

Enjoy your cruise and let us know how it went when you come back:)

Terry

If you are checking bags, they will need tags to make sure they get to your room. Each cruise we've been on, there are several folks whose luggage is delivered to the wrong room because the tags were not present, correct or readable.

We use the e-doc's and do NOT use the tags that we print. We always wait until we arrive at the port and fill out tags provided by the porters.

We do this for 2 reasons, First - I don't trust the paper ones will last very long unless they are laminated, which many people do. Second and most importantly - I want the "old" style tags to keep as souvenirs.

No matter what tag you want to use, put a copy of your documents inside the bag on top of everything else. This way if the tag comes off or gets misplaced, they can identify whose bag it is.

Thanks for the tips, making copies of the documents is a great idea, I wil do that too.

This is exactly what I did. We also have received an upgrade since we got paper docs, but I was still able to access docs on my computer and was able to print out tags with new room number. Have a great trip! We'll be following a week after.

Mary

Archived