Wind Surf - Monte Carlo port

pcx

We are going on our first Wind Surf back to back 2 weeks cruise 5-19 Oct finishing in Monte Carlo. As we are organising our own flights and transfers does anyone know which port (apparently there are 3?) of Monte Carlo it docks?

Although we are seasoned cruisers (+15 on Princess/Royal Caribbean/Celebrity/P+O/Costa) we can't wait to experience the 'smaller' ship - the forums are really useful but is there any ladies out there who can tell me what the bathroom hair dryers are like - do they have a styling nozzle? I usually take my own but low-cost airline luggage allowance is quite tight (15kg) so I am looking to save some weight! any comments much appreciated. Thanks

When we were on the Monaco GP cruise in May, we tendered, I suspect it was too busy at that time to dock. It looked like most ships dock at the pier just to the east and below (of course) the palace area. This would be the most central area in Monaco. This is where all the yachts that you see tied up durring the Grand Prix are.

Have fun, wish we were back on the Windsurf. Say hi to waiters Dani, Yogi and Putu from Marty & Jan.

any ladies out there who can tell me what the bathroom hair dryers are like - do they have a styling nozzle? I usually take my own but low-cost airline luggage allowance is quite tight (15kg) so I am looking to save some weight! any comments much appreciated. Thanks

My wife found the hair dryers to be marginal.

We will be on your second leg from Barcelona to Monte Carlo - this is our fourth Windstar cruise since 2003 - but only second time on Wind Surf. Obviously we love Windstar - the smallness of the ships & ports. I don't remember having any problems with the hair dryers but i think they were your standard on-the-wall mount types.

We just returned from Windsurf Rome to Venice. The hair dryer is only that. No styling nozzle or any other attachments. In fact, there is a notice in the cabin to please use only the ship's hairdryer, etc. When I used my curling iron/dryer, I kept it on the low setting so as not to overload their system. You might contact Windstar directly to find out the electrical capacity (watts/volts??) to determine what you can take with you. Having knocked out the power to one entire wing of the Grand Hotel in Oslo many years ago, I tend to be conservative about these things!

Bon voyage!

More info from my last post. My husband remembered that the limit is 600 watts using a 120 volt American type outlet. The dryer the ship provides is plugged into a separate European (2-round-holes-outlet). He said that there was a part of their dryer that funneled the air into a smaller delivery surface (versus the usual big round end), but no styling options, per se.

Hope that helps! Beauty is important, although I had a 'wardrobe malfunction' that required the use of a shoelace to hold my swimsuit halter top together! It was the vigorous kayaking in Dubrovnik that caused the failure, and I wouldn't change that malfunction for anything. We're still laughing about it...

Archived