Another wine question - Quebec

Yes, they will, although they usually open slightly later (10-11ish in the morning).

Here's a link to the official SAQ website with the list of outlets in the Quebec City area: http://www.saq.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/RechercheSuccursale?transaction=search&address=&recordId=33696&poi_name1=&clientId=33156&radius=4&zoomLevel=10&storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&coderegion=031&pwidth=494&pheight=324&maxSearchResults=100&pageResults=20&city=Qu%C3%A9bec&units=km&recordId=33696

The Chateau Frontenac outlet is the one closest to the cruise terminal.

The good news is that it's only a 5-10 minute walk from the dock (you can actually see the Chateau from dock 22). The bad news... is that it's all uphill! Cab it at least going, you can walk back down if you feel ambitious...

I'm afraid I'm not much help recommending a good Canadian white, as I'm more of a French-red fan myself. I would think the clerks at the SAQ could probably give you a good recommendation, or shop the website and check on-line reviews.

There are a number of good Canadian white wines. Henri of Pelham, Chateau des Charmes, Inniskilin and Cave Spring come to mind. But you can do a search on the SAQ website and they have a detail card on the wines (it's available in English, just click on the (E)nglish button.) The detail card will go into the tastes, the scent and even suggested food pairings (including the sauces.) We are a bit wine obsessed in this province. :)

Archived