Southampton Parking

Now that we have booked our trip we have been looking at parking!

Surprised to note that the average cost to park for 12 days seems to be around £100. Enquired about hotels with parking and the cheapest quote I got was £150 and that was for a hotel that was 12 miles from the port!!

Anyone know of any cheaper options?

Karen

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to use your thread as an opportunity to warn visitors to Southampton of the extortionate parking charges. We were charged £11.20 to park for 3 hours 50 mins in Portland Terrace car park. I think that we were unfortunate to end up in the most expensive car park in Southampton.

For 12 days, £65 is something of a bargain!!!! (Let people know where you parked and how you got on)

I'd like to use your thread as an opportunity to warn visitors to Southampton of the extortionate parking charges. We were charged £11.20 to park for 3 hours 50 mins in Portland Terrace car park. I think that we were unfortunate to end up in the most expensive car park in Southampton.

I'm guessing you parked in the NCP car park? West Quay would have been £3.60 or £3.50 depending on the car park for the same time and the Southampton Council multi-storey next door would also have been £3.60.

Best for visitors to the city centre to avoid the NCP car park as the charges seem to be excessive and use either the council car parks or West Quay Podium or Multi-Storey

Archived