Portland - Rental Car - Sundays

sopo pirates

Just thought those of you looking for rentals from the Jewel of the Seas would like to know...:)

Hertz now has a booth ON PIER in Portland for cruise pax who sign up in advance for rental cars. They bring the cars to the pier for you. Spoke with their pier rep today and he said on the Sundays that "large" cruise ships are in Portland this year (2008) that Hertz will have the same set up - cars at the pier for those who sign up through Hertz in advance.

Just thought those of you looking for rentals from the Jewel of the Seas would like to know...:)

Hertz now has a booth ON PIER in Portland for cruise pax who sign up in advance for rental cars. They bring the cars to the pier for you. Spoke with their pier rep today and he said on the Sundays that "large" cruise ships are in Portland this year (2008) that Hertz will have the same set up - cars at the pier for those who sign up through Hertz in advance.

sopo pirates,

Is there a phone number that I can call to speak with the rep or should I book online through Hertz and if so, which facility do I want to book with in Portland (the airport)?

Thanks for the updated info - it is great.

cruzbound

I tried to book online and it does not let you, says the office is closed on that date. I called the number for the office in Portland (not at the Airport) and they took my reservation. At first they told me to call the 800 number but they could not do it either. So call the office directly at 207-797-7156. The two gentlemen I spoke were helpful and answered all my questions, including about the weather and the lighthouses in the area.

Good luck

Archived