Fun things to do in Miami before cruise?

jacksmom09

Hi! We will be arriving in Miami on Fri afternoon before FOS on Sun! We are driving and are wondering what fun family stuff to do in Miami pre -cruise?? Also, would love some family-moderately priced restaurant suggestions! We are staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay! Thanks!

There is Jungle Island, Miami Seaquarium, the Everglades, of course there is also South Beach, the Florida Keys, and when you arrive in Miami, the youth fair (a huge county fair) will most likely be in town. This is a once a year fair that opens for two - three weeks I believe, around Easter week, and it is always lots of fun for the entire family. It is located at the Tamiami Park Fair grounds (right next to Florida International University main campus) on 107th Avenue and Coral Way (24th Street SW).

Regarding moderately priced restaurants, there are quite a few in the Miami Area. I do not know what type of food you like, but Miami is the gate to the Americas and as such, there is a tremendous variety of restaurants serving food from everywhere in the world.:)

If you let me know what you like to eat, I can certainly recommend a few restaurants for you to try.

There is Jungle Island, Miami Seaquarium, the Everglades, of course there is also South Beach, the Florida Keys, and when you arrive in Miami, the youth fair (a huge county fair) will most likely be in town. This is a once a year fair that opens for two - three weeks I believe, around Easter week, and it is always lots of fun for the entire family. It is located at the Tamiami Park Fair grounds (right next to Florida International University main campus) on 107th Avenue and Coral Way (24th Street SW).

Regarding moderately priced restaurants, there are quite a few in the Miami Area. I do not know what type of food you like, but Miami is the gate to the Americas and as such, there is a tremendous variety of restaurants serving food from everywhere in the world.:)

If you let me know what you like to eat, I can certainly recommend a few restaurants for you to try.

Hi! Thanks! We would like a casual restaurant with a patio and view of the ships leaving??? on Sat!

Hi! Thanks! We would like a casual restaurant with a patio and view of the ships leaving??? on Sat!

There are several restaurants inside Bayside Market Place, including Bubba Gumps, (seafood) Los Ranchos (Steak House), and several other.

There is also Garcia's Seafood Restaurant, right on the Miami River (you will not see the ships as they leave, but the restaurant is right on the river and yatchs and small boats can dock in the back. It has tables in the back, (open area) and you can see the smaller boats and yatchs passing by. It is one of the freshest places for seafood in Miami I have been to, and not too expensive. Very casual (Jeans, shorts even bathing suits with a cover are all allowed).

There are several restaurants inside Bayside Market Place, including Bubba Gumps, (seafood) Los Ranchos (Steak House), and several other.

There is also Garcia's Seafood Restaurant, right on the Miami River (you will not see the ships as they leave, but the restaurant is right on the river and yatchs and small boats can dock in the back. It has tables in the back, (open area) and you can see the smaller boats and yatchs passing by. It is one of the freshest places for seafood in Miami I have been to, and not too expensive. Very casual (Jeans, shorts even bathing suits with a cover are all allowed).

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions! We really like Bubba Gumps, but do not have one close by so we may try it! Also we are thinking about Montys the other night! Would love some more reviews!

Just one more question?? We are also thinking doin the seaquarium?? Is it really good?? Thanks for all your help!

Hi! Thanks for the suggestions! We really like Bubba Gumps, but do not have one close by so we may try it! Also we are thinking about Montys the other night! Would love some more reviews!

Just one more question?? We are also thinking doin the seaquarium?? Is it really good?? Thanks for all your help!

I personally have not been to the Miami Seaquarium in several years (at least 3), however I have read in these boards that it is ok, a bit run down, but the shows are still pretty good.:)

Archived