Lose before I cruise

Destiniiii

Hi,

I am starting a new blog for those of us that have to lose a few pounds before our next cruise. By a few pounds I mean enough so that I can fit into my cruising clothes. I hate buying new clothes before a cruise. Use what I got in closet is my motto. My next cruise is in 2 months out of Florida on NCL Dawn. I am hoping to drop at least 10 or so pounds and fit into my cruise pants. I am doing the low carb diet during the week and whatever I want on the weekends. My problem is I eat too much. I have no turn off button.

I would like to welcome anyone out there who wants to blog about trying to lose weights. The ups and downs of everyday struggles of trying not to over eat or eat the wrongs food. For those of us who hate to exercise. Yeah, I need to start walking. I play soccer on Sundays, but it is a coed team and I pretty much let all the men do all the running. I am trying to be better.

So feel free to vent or tell about your success. I just needed to hold myself accountable and I think by blogging on here I am going in the right direction. I would have blogged on another tread but they have been going on for months. I also have another cruise in 7 months that I want to lose some more weight for, so I might be on here a long time.

One more thing, I will not be telling everyone what I am eating, I will gage my progress on the clothes that start to fit me again. But if you fill the need to talk about what you eat then by all means blog it.

Good luck everyone who wants to play along with me on how to lose wight before a cruise.

Christy

Hi Christy,

I'll join you on your thread. I have had some success in losing since our last cruise but haven't done very well for the last month. Too much traveling to see my new granddaughter and eating out.:D Haven't been excercising like before either, so my weight loss is at a standstill and I gained back 2 lbs. I think it will help to have a fresh new thread to chat on. We sail in January, so I really want to lose about 15-20 more pounds if possible. I'm starting again tomorrow!! I plan to excercise every day for the next 2 weeks since I am taking some vacation days. After that I'll have to aim for 3 days a week. Lots of water too. That's hard for me to achieve at work but at home should be possible.

I'm a high carb person, so I am going to try to aim for 7 fruits/vegetable a day with 2-3 servings of protein and 3 dairy per day. No more empty calories but have to have my diet pepsi.( I know it's bad:p ).

Welcome Misty,

I am glad that your joining me on my weight loss thread. It is nice to have someone to chat with while you are trying to lose a few pounds. Like you I am a total diet coke freak. I have to drink at least one a day. I changed from diet with lime to Caffeine free diet coke. Not a bad change. I do need to drink more water. I have decided that starting tomorrow I can only sign on to the Internet after I have taken a walk. I can usually do well with my eating while I am working, but exercising I just get lazy. I don't work everyday so it's hard for me to get motivated to exercise everyday. But if I put signing on to my computer with exercise, that might motivate me more to exercise, because I am addicted to cruise critie and cruise mates. I have to check it everyday. So how was your day today Misty?

Until tomorrow,

Christy

Hi,

I have read a few of your boards and I am very impress with the success of your weight loss thus far. Just so you know I don't do a pig out on the weekends. I just add a few carbs. I can already tell that my stomach is getting smaller because of the smaller meals during the week. By weekend I am not eating as much as I use too, and I am getting fuller faster. But thank you for your advice.

CJ

Today I did really good with my low carb. I almost blew it for dinner, because I was feeling a little depressed about not having a job for tomorrow. So, I watched a little TV and talked myself into a low carb dinner. After dinner I decided to work in the yard. I got a little work out in and I am feeling better. I am glad I stuck with my low carb dinner because later I got a phone call and I got a job for the next 5 and 1/2 weeks. YEAH!!! I am happy about that because I can watch what I eat better when I am working. It makes it better than sitting around the house thinking about food.

Misty, I hope your still around. Until tomorrow!!

I've been busy visiting with my new granddaughter this week. Not doing what I said I would do... but she goes home on Sunday so I will try to start up again next week. Still fitting into my clothes pretty well, but I have that feeling that at any time the weight will start piling on again. Why is it so hard to keep doing the right thing? Well, hopefully next week I can get back into a reasonable routine.

I can totally relate right now. I started the week out great, but then I started a new job and I blew the rest of the weeks. But now that I am settled into my new job I am ready to get back in the saddle and start losing again. My water, start exercising, eating right. Good luck.

Archived