Silver Cloud - September 2009

swindy

On the Silversea website somehow when you click on both 2008 and 2009 they both open the 2008 Atlas. So it is not your computer skills at all - this is an error on our website which I am having corrected ASAP.

Steve Tucker

Silversea Cruises

Director of Sales and National Accounts, Eastern Region (The Americas)

I have just got the new 2009 deckplan for the refurbished Wind/Cloud from the new e-atlas on Silversea's website. That is just a day after Mr Tucker intervened. Thank you!

Meow - We had the 2009 Atlas back up about 30 minutes after I advised the proper people, so I appreciate your letting us know the link was not working.

Swindy - We do not even have pricing for the new cruises yet, but what I can say is that for you to get off 4 days after Montreal may not be possible due to the Passenger Services Act (commonly miscalled the Jones Act) and that also may not be possible because you would be going in to a third voyages availability (something we typically do not confirm until within 60 days out).

I would also state again that we do want our guests to feel they are fairly treated and therefore it would be best to have your travel agent contact reservations and communicate this to us "officially" so that when we do have pricing we can determine if what you are asking is possible. In other words, these boards are not the best place to discuss this as I do not even know who you are, what you are paying, etc.! (But I do like hearing from all of you!)

Steve Tucker

Silversea

Director of Sales and National Accounts, Eastern Region (The Americas)

Steve,

Thanks for taking the time to read my comments and respond to them.

I quite agree that this board is not the best place to discuss this but you are the only person who has provided information.

My TA has spoken to reservations and made it clear that I wish to stay on voyages 1923 and 1924 at the same fare. We will leave in Montreal if that is necessary.

Steve,

It's now over three weeks since we found out that our voyages had been changed but we still don't know if we can stay on the revised itineraries. We can't get any answers to any of our queries about these voyages, despite numerous enquiries by my TA, or information about applying the inconvenience discount to other cruises. I did as you advised and told Silversea what I considered fair but still no answers!!!!

Any suggestions please?

Archived