Can We Play - Name That Empty White Space?

#1TravelMom

After an unsuccessful search, I have realized there is a lack of information regarding "empty white spaces" on deck plans. If you know for SURE what is located in an empty space, please take a moment and list the SHIP NAME AND LOCATION. PLEASE, no joking - "that's where trolls live, that's where they put alcohol smugglers, etc" Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to read through hundreds of posts to find valuable information in between "funny comments.

After an unsuccessful search, I have realized there is a lack of information regarding "empty white spaces" on deck plans. If you know for SURE what is located in an empty space, please take a moment and list the SHIP NAME AND LOCATION. PLEASE, no joking - "that's where trolls live, that's where they put alcohol smugglers, etc" Maybe it's just me, but it's hard to read through hundreds of posts to find valuable information in between "funny comments.

With the different classes of ships within the fleet of CCL it would be impossible to list each specific ship and location ! :eek:

But to your question... basically it can be a variety of things that white area could be utilized for, i.e. laundry storage, cleaning supplies, ice machine, crew only passage stairs.......I always peek in when curious ! :p

There are about 1000 crewmembers on a ship. 2 or 300 interact with passengers. The rest work in those white spaces. A ship is a massive piece of machinery. It has control rooms , pumps, blowers, storage, pipes, ducts, wires, stairs, vents, on and on, all over the place. None of which have ever been a bother on any of my cruises.

Dan

To partially answer the question.

White spaces:

near the aft corners of the ship = crew stairwells. Probably true near the bow too.

that are near midship and continue thru every deck = exhaust stacks.

next to the dining room/s = galley.

Dan

On the Imagination, the very forward white area - I don't think it's actually drawn correctly on the website but that's neither here nor there - and I would imagine it's true for the Fantasy Class as a whole is the crew's "club". On the Imagination it was called "The Crew's Nest". We were in VERY forward cabims and never heard a thing unless someone opened the forward "crew only" doors and we happened to be standing there.

My post here is in regard to the "white space" on Conquest class ships only (and it may have some variance amongst those ships as well).

This thread link below is in regard to Carnival Liberty:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=561227

Beginning with Post #48, I documented my 'project', which was to go around on that particular ship and check out those spaces. Over several continuing posts I covered just about all of the spaces that had earlier been in question.

I hope that helps in any small way.

Conquest Class Empress Suite #7228. The white space next to this stateroom is actually part of the room. This is a handicapped accessible room.

If you search google for "carnival freedom 7228" it is the first site that comes up and has some great pictures. My wife and I are actually booked in this cabin and can't wait.

Archived