Puerto Val - Lunch - Malecon or Resort

lovevacadays

...this post kind of got hijacked by Shrimp and Scooters. My original post regarding Mexican Food on the Malecon or Resort:

Well aren't you rude? :mad: I didn't realize it would be considered "hijacking" to expound on your request and ask for a place that would be accessible by scooter. :rolleyes: And by the way, shrimp in Mexico is plentiful, and is considered to be "mexican food".

Well aren't you rude? :mad: I didn't realize it would be considered "hijacking" to expound on your request and ask for a place that would be accessible by scooter. :rolleyes: And by the way, shrimp in Mexico is plentiful, and is considered to be "mexican food".

Thread hijacking on Cruise Critic? Say it ain't SO!!!:D So, why don't we move onto the current situation in the White House......:p

Tgreen I hope you are out there ( we are taking your dinner suggestion of Si Senor from another post we did), this post kind of got hijacked by Shrimp and Scooters. My original post regarding Mexican Food on the Malecon or Resort: Tgreen you mentioned a place in the Marina - so I am assuming if we just tell the taxi driver to take us to the Marina we will find the restaurant you suggested? You mentioned to walk around - are there shops, etc in the Marina area?

haha! I'm here, I just might be quiet from time to time :D

I am pretty much an addict now and check the boards every hour.

I am incredibly excited you are going to Si Senor. I hope you have the same experience as I did. I am assuming you know the day you are going, so you can probably make a reservation just to be safe. This place although incredibly pretty, does get busy with reservations. http://www.sisenorpv.com.mx/index.htm

There are several other restaraunts on the Marina as well. Each place has a menu outside, and there will typically be staff advertising things too. If you look at the menu, then are semi-interested but not incredibly, they will sometimes offer you a drink special to bring you in. I have had two rounds of drinks on the house.

If you ask the taxi driver tot kae you to the Marina, You will have no problem finding any of the restaraunts I've suggested. With the water on one side the restaraunts and shops are on the other. The marina consists mostly of places to dine, but it does have some shops. Some are actually quite nice! I am assuming you are doing the Marina for lunch. If so, I believe I suggested Victors. With your meal, you get salsa, and chips automatically. When you order, you get shot of tequila. One shot in actual alcohol content at Victors is equal to about half a true shot of tequila. (It allows the waiters to keep up). It is a very friendly and comfortable atmosphere. The waiters are a blast and so is victor.

I am sure anyone who has been there can back me up on saying Victors is a great experience.

Let me know if this was the place I suggested. I think you had mentioned that you were looking for a fun place, but not extreme like Sr. Frogs.

If it isn't, i will suggest others.

On a side note, If it is Victors, Simply tell the taxi driver you wish to go to Victors in the marina. They will know where it is. If you are interested in a nice massage, I got mine along the marina for a great rate and it made the rest of my vacation amazing.

From port, the taxi ride should be about 40-50 pesos if i remember correctly. From the marina to downtown, It will be 60 pesos.

If you go downtown early, Si Senor is in walking distance from the malecon. If you have any other questions, let me know.

lv2cruz, is there someplace you'd recommend for shrimp in PV?

I do know that Joe Jacks Fish Shack in the Romatic Zone is excellent. Part owner is a former Carnival Cruise Ship Director.

Another one i loved was La Langota Feliz or better known as Happy Lobster. Again a wonderful, great food- restaurant.

thanks to those that answered my post regarding Mexican Food. I really do want to try something on the Malecon. I'm not sure who posted La Chata but any additional info would be great.

Sorry I started a war of words. I love Mexico - have been 5 times to Mexican Riviera and once to Cozumel - loved all trips.

I think it was me who posted La Chata. It's a restaurant on the Malecon, good traditional mexican food. What i love the most is the view. The restaurant is all situated up a flight of stairs, time it for sunset and with it being an open air restaurant its really nice. It's all about people watching on the Malecon and looking at the ocean, boats, fireworks from the Pirate Ship after sunset.We had first discovered it from being on a cruise but now have a timeshre there so when we go, we always end up there one night.

Texalana, I am really sorry if I offended you. I've seen the nasty exchanges on these boards from time to time and not trying to participate - just tried a joke (I guess not too funny so I wont give up my day job) and evidently offended you. Not trying to be rude. just trying to get some additional info by putting my original question back in play.

Tgreene - thanks for all the info on the marina. Never been there so might give that a try for lunch and then early evening to town and then to Si Senor for dinner - not leaving port until 10pm

Thanks all who added additional comments - we'll look them over and have some great choices. I so appreciate the help that is given on these boards and try to do likewise for other cruisers. I wish everyone wonderful cruising!!

my original question back in play.

Tgreene - thanks for all the info on the marina. Never been there so might give that a try for lunch and then early evening to town and then to Si Senor for dinner - not leaving port until 10pm

Glad to help!! I have attached some Pics of the marina. The funnest part imo is looking at all the personal yachts people have and seeing where they are from. Last year, there was one in PV which was so large, it had to dock at the port where the ships do. Then anchor when there were 3 ships in port.

The marina is pretty. You will be able to grab a nice lunch and walk around for a bit. For the real shopping, i suggest you give yourself enough time to get downtown and walk around.

I think probably the best thing to do would be, from the Marina, Grab a cab to Si Senor so you are aware of its location. It is not like there is a huge lit up hooters sign infront advertising. When I said its at the top of the hill behind some shrubery, I really mean it =P. From there, you can walk down the hill to the malecon and shop.

I am not sure the day you are in PV, but at night the Malecon has usually cool shows. There are also really cool sand designs as well. I posted a picture of one of them.

When you do return, Please let me know what you think. I'd like people to be able to trust my opinion and tastes, and it'll be a bit of some reassurance that my tastebuds do work properly.

Edit: The picture with the light house is on the back end of the marina closer to the Westin hotel. That is the side with victors. If that gives you an idea of where you get dropped off. If you are dropped off on the opposite end, Walk past the light house around the bend, and it will be almost at the end of the walkway. If you ask anyone around where Victors is, They'll be glad to point you in the right direction. Also, That big ship i posted a picture of--- yeah, thats mine!! SOMEBODY STOLE IT!!

It is quite cool to see these ships up close.

IMG_0903.jpg.26e8ad2a01e3dae1921c18e9d184e7a1.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg.79a65314bfce52f82646b426ae87dead.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg.cc1e6223b9cfdeca3eccaee7c444bfa5.jpg

Tgreene, Thanks for the pics. Can I borrow your boat while there?

I live in So Cal and love to eat lunch here at marina's just never thought about it in PV. Thanks for all your help. Sounds like my sister, friend, niece and I will have a day of eating,drinking and shopping!

Archived