Liquor in you cabin

Just back from Jewel and there was a new guy learning the scanner. He pointed out one of my bottles of wine to the guy doing the training and he said, oh, that's just booze, you'll see alot of it. Not only did I take wine onboard but in St. Maarten I put a bottle of Guavaberry liquor thru the scanner and they gave it back to me instead of taking it. ..When we were in St. Thomas there was nobody at the tagging area when I walked on with 5 liters in a box. I even ask someone about tagging it for me and was told if they are not there just take it to your room. Someone fell down on the job...

I keep hearing about the Guavaberry liquor. Is it really good? What kind of taste does it have?

Guavaberry liquor is, IMO, an aquired taste if you have it straight. OTOH, if it's a guavaberry daquiri--yes please, and keep them coming! They are fantastic. I don't think it tastes like anything specific. It is sweet and fruity--I know not much help.

Give it a try.

beachchick

If they sell it on the ship, I buy it on the ship. That includes water, soda, wine and liquor.

They don't have my brand of whiskey, so I bring my own.

I drink Jack Daniels Single Barrel and have not seen it served by the drink

or for sale by the bottle on any of my cruises. I've only been questioned about carrying it on once and after explaining that it wasn't available on the ship, I was waved through and allowed to bring it on board.

Reggie:D

reggierail: But you see, the problem is that they don't carry the soda or wine I like onboard, so it's best to bring my own. I have never hidden it in any way. They say they "have the right to limit"; I say "fine," if they choose to take the wine, I'll be ticked (especially since the wine list is less than stellar and has an extraodinarily high mark-up), but it's their ship.

beachchick

Archived