Tampa Car Rental Shuttle to Port One Way

sbnuggie

Okay, after doing a search of the forum and not finding my answer.

Searching this bloated thread about car rentals in Florida and finding that my question was posted 14 times but never answered:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

What is the definative answer, if one exists regarding MAJOR rental car agencies (National, Avis, Budget etc....) having a drop off location and/or shuttle to the Tampa Pier?

From my reading, which has caused me to go cross eyed, no one can seem to answer that question. People time and again post about renting at some other location in Florida, typically Orlando due to close proximtiy of WDW, and driving a one way rental to Tampa to catch a cruise.

The question then becomes:

How does one get from the airport (typically the only rental car location for the majors) or drop off location to Tampa Pier.

Does or will the rental car agency provide a shuttle (either free or charge) to the pier?

Of course if you are at the airport, there is a Taxi option at $25 per cab or the Cruise Line transfer bus, but anyone got any other ideas for the following companies:

National

Avis

Budget

Hertz

Enterprise Rent-a-Car

Dollar

Thanks to anyone who can answer this question for us Tampa travelers and I hope the title of this thread is simple enough so that future search hits will grab this thread.

Thanks

I have been searching also but in the reverse direction. We want to get a rental car after our cruise in Tampa. The only car rental I can find is Hertz

pixel.gif

Maybe they can answer you about renting a car to the cruise port.pixel.gif pixel.gif

Rental Services Provided By

Marriott Waterside, 700 South Florida Avenue Phone: 813-226-4205 pixel.gif pixel.gif

I booked with Dollar, last week. Will pick the car up at the airport, stay at Rocky point, using the car for one day and drive back tot he airport. YES they will shuttle us and our luggage FREE to the cruise pier. I booked online but called the Tampa airport Dollar location to confirm this.

Hope this helps you.

JoAnn

• 9 months later...

Gonna answer my own question now that we have sailed.

We rented with National at Walt Disney World, drove one way to TPA, the rental location is at the southern end of the airport away from the terminal.

Both National and Hertz are at this location. They do have a shuttle bus that runs to the cruise port about once an hour on the day the ships are in port. We were the only two on it. Best part....it was free!

• 2 months later...

I just got off the phone with Dollar. They have a shuttle that runs from the airport to the cruise pier on a scheduled basis. We are going to pick up the shuttle after our cruise, take it to the airport and rent a car. We will then return the car to the airport location before we fly home.

Archived