Explorer-10/24 Review

If anyone is interested our cruise pictures as well as scanned versions of the Cruise Compasses, Shoppings, Specials, Excursion Order Form and a few other things from our cruise are posted out on our web site. Let me know what you think.

http://www.tomandemily.com

Tom and Emily,

I have only three words for the site. Oh My God. Its'great. This is just what everyone who will go on this cruise will be looking for. I thought I was a cruise addict, but I think you got me beat. Again Great job

Lets put it this way, if it is something we can take without being charged for it after the cruise, we typically take it so we can scan it. However, the only menu we could find was in that leatherette booklet they have on the desk. Maybe we'll try and take a digital picture of the menu posted outside of the dining room during the day.

Tom and Emily,

love your pictures. I had a quick question about the beach you guys went to in Costa Maya. It looked like it was right next to the pier or maybe near the shopping center? Is this the same beach that everyone recommends going to in Majahual? (I have no idea how close that is) If not, does anybody know the differences between them? I just wonder why people would take a taxi to Majahual if there is a beach so close to the port. Thanks for your help.

you can get to the reef when you go to town and get massages and cheaper drinks to boot.. I'll check the pictures more closely. these are not the pictures of the beaches in the town. Looks like alot of sea grass on these beaches and are north of the shopping village

Tom,

Ask the head waiter for a copy of the menues, he will give them to you on the last day. Make sure to tip him though.

Tom and Emily,

love your pictures. I had a quick question about the beach you guys went to in Costa Maya. It looked like it was right next to the pier or maybe near the shopping center? Is this the same beach that everyone recommends going to in Majahual? (I have no idea how close that is) If not, does anybody know the differences between them? I just wonder why people would take a taxi to Majahual if there is a beach so close to the port. Thanks for your help.

Using the term "beach" for what is just off the pier in Costa Maya is probably a little extreme. There is sand where you can get a chair, but between the sand and the water is sharp rocks (those are also in the pics). The little cruise village near the pier DOES have a couple swimming pools though, but nothing that allows for easy access to the Caribbean Sea. Eventually, the little abandoned restaurant/bar that is on the other side of the big concrete wall will probably be owned by the cruise companies (they wouldn't sell the better land to them a few years ago, so the cruise companies built a big wall to keep passengers from easily getting there. From the looks of it, their strategy worked because it looked closed over there. There is actually beach there.

Thank you for your information about the Explorer! I have enjoyed reading your posts.

One question about the PR rooms. I have read other post that complained about the connecting rooms. We have connecting rooms, but one is for our kids (14 and 10). But other than that, we are midship on deck 8. Rooms 8287 and 8289. Any thoughts or input? Good location for PR viewing. Not too muck noise at night? Thoughts?

Thank you for your information about the Explorer! I have enjoyed reading your posts.

One question about the PR rooms. I have read other post that complained about the connecting rooms. We have connecting rooms, but one is for our kids (14 and 10). But other than that, we are midship on deck 8. Rooms 8287 and 8289. Any thoughts or input? Good location for PR viewing. Not too muck noise at night? Thoughts?

Mike,

We had connecting rooms right below you. The only problem is that the walls between the two rooms are not insulated and you can hear everything that is going on. Great if your listening to the kids , but not so great if they are listening to you, if you catch my drift. There is no noise at night, so dont worry about that.

Archived