Can I have input re:Splendor plans :)

steelcity5044

We have booked the Splendor out of FLL Nov 17-21. We have a room for 2 balcony guarantee for $371.05pp total. I booked airfare thru USAir for $257pp roundtrip with direct flights. We return 1:25pm on the 21st and arrive at 10:45am on the 16th. We won a pre-night stay at the Riverside hotel on Las Olas Blvd for $79 thru Priceline.

How is the ship? Has any one had good luck with room location or level going on a guarantee? Has anyone ever stayed at the Riverside Hotel? What type of transportation should we use from the airport to the hotel and then to the port and then from the port to the airport? Is then anything that is a "must see" in Turks and Caicos? What is something we should do in Half Moon Cay? My Mom does not know how to swim so snorkeling is out!!

Thank-you for your help!!

You might want to check the roll call section for this sailing. There is a large group there from this board who are very helpful. I will also be on that sailing. As for your questions we have been to both HMC and GT. I do not know what type of activites you enjoy so it is hard to give advice on what to do. HMC is a beach stop for sure no shopping. Look at the excursion list for ideas. Beach chairs are on there for your use clamshell covers can be rented. GT had limited shopping at the port before the hurricane I would not expect much so soon. Jimmy Buffet`s place is at the port and the main attraction. The island is world famous for snorkling and diving.

We have booked the Splendor out of FLL Nov 17-21. We have a room for 2 balcony guarantee for $371.05pp total. I booked airfare thru USAir for $257pp roundtrip with direct flights. We return 1:25pm on the 21st and arrive at 10:45am on the 16th. We won a pre-night stay at the Riverside hotel on Las Olas Blvd for $79 thru Priceline.

How is the ship? Has any one had good luck with room location or level going on a guarantee? Has anyone ever stayed at the Riverside Hotel? What type of transportation should we use from the airport to the hotel and then to the port and then from the port to the airport? Is then anything that is a "must see" in Turks and Caicos? What is something we should do in Half Moon Cay? My Mom does not know how to swim so snorkeling is out!!

Thank-you for your help!!

The Riverside Hotel for $79 is a great deal. The Hotel is expanding so you may encounter some construction.

Las Olas has numerous restaurants and shops, and hotel overlooks intracoastal waterway. Only 5 minute cab drive to port.

Archived