Still A-live on the Majesty

Bunkie103

Boarded 10/18 in Philly and ran into an incredible storm. We lived thru 25 foot seas, incredible pitching and rolling. Hundreds sick, people falling, dishes breaking. It has been like a bad dream and not a thing anyone can do. We skipped St. John on Monday for another "delightful" sea day, and finally docked yesterday in Halifax to bright sun. We kissed the ground when we got there. Boarded at 4:30 to hear they were cancelling Bar Harbor because of the forecast of high winds for this tender port and instead we are heading to a 4 hour stop at St. John. Lots of ANGRY people. To make it worse we'll be docking to a rainy windy day and 5 or 6 other ships already docked. It's a mess....and the bottom line is it's no one's fault!

We are having lots of fun now that the pitching and rolling has stopped. Our Anniversary dinner was postponed until last night at LeBistro and it was fantastic. We may even eat there another night.

Well, time for some breakfast. Hoping for decent seas on the way home.

Boarded 10/18 in Philly and ran into an incredible storm. We lived thru 25 foot seas, incredible pitching and rolling. Hundreds sick, people falling, dishes breaking. It has been like a bad dream and not a thing anyone can do. We skipped St. John on Monday for another "delightful" sea day, and finally docked yesterday in Halifax to bright sun. We kissed the ground when we got there. Boarded at 4:30 to hear they were cancelling Bar Harbor because of the forecast of high winds for this tender port and instead we are heading to a 4 hour stop at St. John. Lots of ANGRY people. To make it worse we'll be docking to a rainy windy day and 5 or 6 other ships already docked. It's a mess....and the bottom line is it's no one's fault!

We are having lots of fun now that the pitching and rolling has stopped. Our Anniversary dinner was postponed until last night at LeBistro and it was fantastic. We may even eat there another night.

WOW sounds just like our cruise to Bermuda on the Crown last year, never again out of Philly, lol

WOW sounds just like our cruise to Bermuda on the Crown last year, never again out of Philly, lol

We've cruised to Bermuda out of Philly and New York. Had a little rocking from both ports. Any cruise to Bermuda may hit rough weather as you are in the Atlantic. :rolleyes:

Water can be rought anywhere, not just out of Philly. :) We sailed from Ft Lauderdale on the Scandanavian Dawn (a very small ship) on a 1 day cruise to the Bahamas and the waves were so bad, I'd see sky then water, sky then water for 3 or 4 hours. The ship was rocking. The trip home was smooth as glass.

Wow! :eek:! Sounds like our New Year's Eve cruise on the Majesty to the Western Caribbean out of Charleston! All the bottles fell off the shelves & crashed to the floor in both the liquor store and the parfumerie on our 4th night. They closed off the upper-outside decks, they put out ropes for people to hold on to. It was a wild ride...but we had a great time! Love the Majesty.

Hope the rest of your cruise is smooth. Thanks for posting.

Oh Bunkie -

I am so sorry to hear about all the weather problems. Glad you had a nice anniversary dinner and hope you are still able to enjoy more of this very special ship on your way back home again. Sending good weather vibes your way!!

Seas have been much better since I last posted. St. John was cold and windy. Today in Boston was a lovely sunny but cold day. We sailed a few minutes early and the seas are fairly calm and forecast to stay this way. Unfortunately the angry attitude continues and it is the main topic of conversation no matter where you go. Looking forward to a nice sea day tomorrow.

Unfortunately the angry attitude continues and it is the main topic of conversation no matter where you go.

Seems like you're making the best of a situation that is out of anyone's control....good for you! :)

Wondering what these people think the captain could have done about bad weather. It's probably not too nice being a crew member at the moment, since some feel it necessary to take out their frustrations on them.:(

HI Bunkie,

Glad to hear you're well & also making the best of things:)

Our meet & greet wasn't so great in those very choppy seas on Sunday.

Next time:)

Lots of angry people last night because, no Phillies:mad:

No subscription.

But tonight, it's on sporadically (so I get to use up all the internet time my sis purchased so she could listen to the game- only 190 minutes left;) )

This is my 8th cruise, 2nd out of Philly- would do it again in a heartbeat.

The weather was just relentless on Sunday & Monday.

Jen

So, when we left Boston the Captain told us about the nice weather ahead.....what happened? It's really rocking again.

The one funny complaint I heard was from the woman who kept saying "but, we're in a suite"....guess she thinks it shouldn't be rocky up there.

We had dinner at the Pasta Cafe and DH had to head back to the room because he felt queasy again.:(

I have to admit I'll be happy to get home....this just isn't fun.

So, when we left Boston the Captain told us about the nice weather ahead.....what happened? It's really rocking again.

The one funny complaint I heard was from the woman who kept saying "but, we're in a suite"....guess she thinks it shouldn't be rocky up there.

We had dinner at the Pasta Cafe and DH had to head back to the room because he felt queasy again.:(

I have to admit I'll be happy to get home....this just isn't fun.

People tend to forget the Majesty is a small ship and even the lightest

swells gets that puppy rockin......hope u get home safe;) :)

Well we finally got the clear sunny calm day the Captain promised. Took full advantage of it and found a sheltered spot on the deck to chill. It was still cold, but that's to be expected. Decided to do a burger or pizza for lunch and of course the grill is down for maintenance as is the ice cream machine:mad: . Doing dinner again in LeBistro and hope it will be as good as Tuesday night.

I've been on Carnival ships the same size and never felt the same amount of motion. Guess the northern waters are not for me, nor is Freestyle dining.

Well we finally got the clear sunny calm day the Captain promised. Took full advantage of it and found a sheltered spot on the deck to chill. It was still cold, but that's to be expected. Decided to do a burger or pizza for lunch and of course the grill is down for maintenance as is the ice cream machine:mad: . Doing dinner again in LeBistro and hope it will be as good as Tuesday night.

I've been on Carnival ships the same size and never felt the same amount of motion. Guess the northern waters are not for me, nor is Freestyle dining.

Have been on Majesty many times from Boston to Bermuda...some very rough rides and others like glass...once in May the others in the Fall...you never know...but love the ship and miss her in Boston:(

Archived